Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fish Paste

It's funny to reflect sometimes on things like past relationships or past periods of life that we have lived. I've been through so many different groups of friends and every time I get a new set of hard core friends that I hang out with regularly, I always feel like I've hit the jack pot.

Rewinding back to my days of being 15 years old and trying to figure out what it was like having my first ever "boyfriend"......geez that's funny to think about and is actually all I've been thinking about today. Ha ha! I went to my really good friend's mission farewell today which is why I've been reflecting, I suppose.

Kyle Fisher.

It's not just Kyle....it's Kyle Fisher. You can't say one name without the other. It's always Kyle Fisher. He and Kyle Cooper were my best friends when I was 15. I loved them! They loved me! We were a happy....family. :)

It's a huge testimony to me that Heavenly Father truly does put the right people in our lives at the right times to teach us something. I could go back through all of my boyfriends and tell you exactly why I needed to know them at the time I did because of what they taught me.

Anyways, Kyle Cooper was my first ever boyfriend. Kyle Fisher was his best friend and consequently MY best friend! I love Kyle Fisher! He's always been my little brother. We've known each other for a grand total of 5 years, but it honestly feels like 60.

We can always pick up our relationship after not talking for 3 months to a year and be totally cool with each other. I wish every friendship could be like that. But alas....

So Kyle Fisher is going to Philadelphia and will be leaving on Wednesday! It's quite strange seeing him off (and I'm not even literally seeing him off!). It makes me feel really old actually. He's always just been my younger little friend who I keep thinking is still in high school and hasn't grown up at all. I'm really proud of him for going on a mission though!

He was my one friend that understood me while my parents were going through their divorce. All of my other friends kind of freaked out in different variations of freaking....but Kyle Fisher's parents had been divorced for a long time at that point, so he understood me and what I was going through.

And for that, I love him. :)

As I said at the beginning of this post, it's odd looking back at relationships. It's also odd looking forward at relationships.

Institute has quite literally given me all of the really close friends I have right now (and for that I'll be eternally grateful). It's a little crazy how often I'm out with my friends though. Both nights this weekend my friends were at my house till like....1:30 in the morning, ha ha ha. Oh dear. Then usually on week nights we are doing stuff till at least 11:00 if not midnight. As a result, I've never been so sleep deprived.

For some reason, it's a good kind of sleep deprived though. It's good because they are all really righteous and good people. All of my guy friends are returned missionaries, which granted, isn't saying much for some people, but it really does make a difference in the lives of my friends. I can really see the blessings that come from my friends having served missions.

I have a huge testimony of institute and how it impacts peoples lives for the better. Its certainly changed my life!

Well, in the next six months a ton of my guy friends will be coming home from their missions. A ton of my girl friends will be getting married, I'm sure. And as always a ton of things will probably change in my life! That's what happens when you're in the decade of decisions and living the ever changing life.

I know that God won't change though....which is comforting! He's always there and willing to help. I know my temple attendance won't change which is also comforting, and that my family will still love me! Ha ha!

I'm glad for change, but I'm also very glad for the fundamental things that stay the same.

I really should blog more.............but as I said....my friends are too cool and we hang out a lot, ha ha. I will try harder, blog, I swear! :)

The Brigham City Temple groundbreaking is this Saturday!!! YAY! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment