Sunday, August 1, 2010

Liahona!

Weird.

I tried posting that last post like 5 times yesterday and it didn't work till just now. Ha ha ha! Hmmm...odd.

Oh Blog.....

So many things I wish I could tell you, but too many eyes read this, so I can't. Ha ha!

Maybe, I can. Whatever. I'll just start typing and pretend no one is reading this. (yeah, right)

So in the last post I said I was going to read Psalms 21, right? Well, I did! It was about a king and how he deserved wonderful things.

I kind of correlated that to me being a king and I deserve wonderful things. Gotta love likening the scriptures to yourself, huh?

Ha ha :)

I think Heavenly Father has been trying to tell me one thing and Satan has been telling me a completely different thing lately. And by lately I mean like...the past week!

Today in Relief Society we talked about patriarchal blessings (President Monson calls patriarchal blessings our liahonas....thus...the title of this post)! I felt the spirit really strong in that meeting and I already love my blessing a lot so I read it a couple of times tonight. I was afraid to read this one line in it because it has to do with what God and Satan have been telling me different things....but when I read that line I literally burst into tears because the spirit struck me so hard!

It's not like I've been doubting the whisperings from the spirit lately, but sometimes Satan can shout louder than the Holy Ghost, you know what I mean? I'm just grateful that I can tell the difference. :)

Sigh. I truly do know that I have a Father in Heaven who knows me. I've been kinda frustrated the past couple of days, but I know that if I keep praying that will all go away.

Anyone who is reading this is like....WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?!!? Ha ha :) Ask me if you really want to know.

I have such a strong testimony that God really is just waiting for us to ask for what we need, because more times than not He's willing to give it to us. Sometimes He won't because we need to be tested, but He's so loving that He usually is just waiting for us to come to Him.

I think I forget that sometimes.

I remembered tonight though!

On a completely unrelated note....school starts in about three weeks. Eek! That means I need to get some art lessons ready.

I'm going to miss a lot of things about the summer........my job, my crew (gangsta), the sun! One thing that will be sad though is I won't be able to go to the temple as much. I've been going twice a week all summer and once school starts I'm not going to be able to. :( Applesauce!

The other day when Mikayla and I went to do baptisms we were sitting back by the font waiting our turn and she turned to me and was like..."You know what's cool? We've set ourselves in this pattern of coming to the temple so often that I bet we'll be like this the rest of our lives."

It was really simple of her to say, yet so true and so....profound. Ha ha!

I am so enormously grateful that the spirit prompted me to start going so much in high school. Those are fundamental years and I can honestly say that I owe it all to my Heavenly Father and to the Holy Ghost for kicking me some mornings and getting me to the temple, because like I've said about 20 times on my blog, there really is no going back now.

I'm so blunt when it comes to the temple...I'm sorry, ha ha, but honestly, I have zero intentions of marrying a guy unless he plans on taking me to the temple every week. Why would I? We wouldn't be happy if he didn't! I wouldn't be happy that he wouldn't want to go and he wouldn't be happy that I'm not happy.

I definitely am a firm believer that people have huge variations in their spirituality and some people don't really see it fit that they go every week. That doesn't mean they are bad people...some people just make other things their priority, and that's ok! I would at least hope that my grandchildren that read this someday would at least go to the temple once a month once they get old enough.

Think of how many temples there are going to be by the time I have grandchildren! CRAZY!

Anyways....I successfully rambled about the temple again when I only had the intention of talking about patriarchal blessings.......

I should probably go to bed................. :/

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment