Sometimes I fail at things. Like blogging. I told myself I would blog more than three times in August because I only blogged three times in July and guess what???
I only blogged three times in August.
How distressing.
Today has been a really hard day.
It's been a huge emotional roller coaster of MOSTLY bad emotions, but Heavenly Father has tried to push some good ones in there too.
Two little kids that I teach art to at the elementary school were strangled and killed by their mother last night. Long story short the parents have been fighting for a long long time and it all lead up to this.
It sounds dramatic to say I'm completely devastated, but in all honesty....that's an understatement.
Jean was in 2nd grade and James was in 3rd so this was my second year teaching both of them. It literally has been breaking my heart all day. I have no idea how anyone could do that to their children.
When my mom told me this morning I bawled my eyes out for awhile and by that time everyone at my house was gone either because of school or work and I honestly couldn't just sit at home for 5 hours alone so I went to the temple.
I didn't have to work till noon and there was no way I was going to go back to sleep...so it was off to the temple I went.
There is so much healing power in the temple. I wish other people understood that. I can't even count the number of times something has gone wrong and I've immediately gone to the temple. Does that make me an overly righteous look at me I go to the temple all the time kind of person?
I don't think it does.
I think it makes me a semi-pathetic girl that depends a lot a lot a lot on her Father in Heaven to get her through things. And He does. He sincerely does.
I just think about Jean and James and how awful it is what happened to them, but how awful would it have been for them to have grown up in that family and suffered from all the abuse that was going on? I know our Heavenly Father actually saved them from all of that.
They were such cute kids though and I knew them well from art, so that makes it a lot harder to cope with.
I have this EFY CD that I've been listening to recently and it has "I Believe in Christ" as one of the tracks. I've listened to that song probably 20 times today just because it's been helping me so much. The spirit comes so strongly through music, it's amazing.
I believe in Christ, he stands supreme! From him I’ll gain my fondest dream...and while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard Ye shall obtain. I believe in Christ...so come what may, with him I’ll stand in that great day! When on this earth he comes again to rule among the sons of men.
I'll try to find more time to blog. And I'll try to make it happier!
I know that my Redeemer lives and I love Him for the grace that He offers me and the comfort He's always willing to give me. Life is so much easier when you let God in.
Oh honey. I am so sorry. Sometimes I am almost overwhelmed by how ugly the world can be, but I am so grateful for the knowledge that we are always in His hands.
ReplyDeleteI love you so much!