Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Seasons

I've been wanting to blog lately, but I haven't had anything specific to say. I've had a lot on my mind, but nothing specific. It seems like I always have a lot on my mind. I'm kind of just one of those people, I suppose.

I've been thinking about how the people around me handle life and how it's different than I how I handle things. I've been musing about how it seems to be the trend to come up with really cool ways to announce that you're pregnant (I'm NOT pregnant) and it's like......geez, can't you just say it and let people get excited for you? All these creative people are adding on so much pressure! I guess that's just the season of my life though. I'm totally in the season where everyone my age or 2 years either way from my age is pregnant.

Life is full of seasons. I love seasons....like the literal, meteorological seasons. I feel like the coldness always comes when I most need to cuddle up and hibernate. I also feel like the sunshine and warmth of summer comes when I want to run and work hard.

I also love the seasons of life meaning things like...dating, being engaged, being newly weds, having a baby, having a bunch of babies, raising babies, being old.......(cause we all know that once you've raised babies you're old? Ha.)

It's really interesting watching people switch from season to season and how they.....cope.

It's funny to me the people who are "stuck" in a season and so badly wish to be out of it. They wish so much to be in the next, or next three seasons that they miss the one they are in completely.

I always think of that one country song that goes......you're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back, you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast! These are some good times, so take a good look around, you may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this.

I think of that a lot as I see people in my life who are "stuck" in the dating season and so badly want to be out of it. It's like they dwell on the fact that they aren't married so much that they miss the whole point of dating. They miss the splendor and good times that can come from dating.

It's also interesting to me watching mothers who have kids in elementary/junior high and how they are so fed up with their situation. Their kids drive them nuts, they are always so busy, their kids each take two dance classes, two gymnastics classes, piano, and voice lessons and somehow their family never gets to eat dinner together!?!? Ha ha.

People make me laugh.

I'm sooooooo..........passive.

I have so many analytical thoughts/suggestions that I COULD say to people, but my inner core of shyness won't allow me to. In the end I just listen to them complain and wonder if I'll ever feel like they do during that season when I reach it.

Jeff and I don't have it bad at all, but we do have our weird little struggles. This semester has been harder than most because of all of our visits to the hospital. Little things like laptops breaking, hospital bills, tests, projects, internet not working........it's all such little stuff, but can be frustrating if we let it be. Those are times when I play that country song on repeat in my head, ha ha.

I'm so grateful for Jeff and how positive he is all the time. I'm grateful that he works full time AND goes to school full time. Everyone that we tell that he does that thinks he's crazy. He always gets such good grades though. I know he does what he does because he loves me and wants to take care of me. That's the best thing ever.

Going through this season of life has been great because I can see very easily how much God blesses us and how much He wants us to succeed.

I really don't want to be in any other season right now, I'm liking this one too much.

3 comments:

  1. Amber, can I just say I am so glad you posted this:). I really feel like right now I am really enjoying where I am in life. being a mom is a lot harder than I thought it would be(please dont let this scare you). and some days i feel all i accomplished was changing diapers. i just remember when i was really baby hungry, and thats all i could think about was that i didnt have a baby. brady would always try to remind me that i had him. it will never just be mccall and brady again. but im glad where i am at and will take the next steps as they come. i admire you lots! sorry this was so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word. Landon and I dated for almost a year and a half before we got hitched and everyone was like, "why don't you get married already?!" And I was like, "because it will never be like this again! I want to get every bit out of it I can!" Why wish your life away? Take you life moment by moment and live and love every second. This is an excellent post. Love you pooky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks McCall! You're so nice! I admire you too, you're a great mom! And don't worry, I've had lots of times when Jeff has to help me with my baby hungry moments too, ha ha! (Comments are never too long in my opinion :) )
    Thanks Whit :) <3

    ReplyDelete