Oooooh my goodness I've been wanting to post so bad. AHHH! I've had so much homework it's been unreal. I just finished my last quiz for the week though so I'm allowing myself to blog.
I am seriously a very blessed individual. I don't know what I did to deserve Jeff's love, but it's pretty great! I've been having a......I wouldn't say "hard".....but lame (is lame an ok word?) couple of weeks?
One of the defining reasons being that I'm still sick. I don't think I'll ever not not be sick again! It's made me really wish I was pregnant cause then I could at least not be bitter about being sick constantly, ha ha. Oy....
At first (3 months ago) I thought it was just the fact that I work with little kids....and that MIGHT still be the reason, but I've just had a strange cold/drainage of power for quite awhile. I've gotten to the point where I'm just living with it and don't notice it as I'm runnin through life!
I came home today to the house completely clean, flowers on my bed, and a note from my husband when I got home from work. He knows I've been having a "lame" time lately and everything that he did just reduced me to tears.
I felt kinda strange crying over flowers and a clean house, but sometimes it really is the little things that put you over the edge.
My husband is the best. He always listens to me when I think somebody is ridiculous or when I'm complaining about being weak and sick. He is far too cool. I'm so happy he's in my life.
Another reason my life has been kind of....lame....is.....
I'm working two jobs right now and it's just.....blissful. *sarcasm*
I'm going to be super glad when June rolls around. C'mon June! The main reason being schoooooool will be out....for the summer! (read to the tune of the song)
Oh my goodness gracious.........I LOVE children, holy cow I love children! The past month though I've felt like.....the Hulk....or Jekyll and Hyde....because....oh my......when I'm on my mower I HATE children. (ha ha ha........I'm laughing to myself....all alone in my apartment........I must be going insane)
Why? Why do little boys have to run out ten feet in front of me and wave their arms crazy like almost in a: "Please, just kill me....I want you to ram your mower into me, yes....I'm only 7 years old, but I feel as though life isn't worth living anymore."
Why children? Why?
When I have children I am going to sit them down and lecture them on people that are ok to bug and those who aren't. My dear future children, lawn mowers are not ok to chase. They are not ok to get remotely close to. It's just not ok, guys.
Another interesting thing to note about my mower job is the way people react to me. I'm on a huge mower....like.....tractor size.....so lots of people give me a very odd looking deer in the headlights look as I pass by.
I often wave at little children (little children playing near their homes or at a park.....the children at the schools I'm mowing only get angry waves) and they look completely shocked and start yelling for their mom in an excited fashion. However, by the time their mom comes outside I'm long gone.
The most interesting response to my existence is old men. Ha! Without fail I'll past an old couple walking together and the woman will wave and smile almost in a "you go girl" fashion, but the man will almost always give a degrading smirk or shake of the head.
I'm taking a Family Relations class this summer and it's kind of cool looking at how the views of gender have changed over time. Back when the grandma and grandpas of today were young a woman would have never had the job I have right now.
In other news, my pre-school job ends on Tuesday. Tuesday is graduation actually.....so technically the last day I'll see the majority of the kids will be Monday. I'm honestly just blocking out the fact that I'm never going to see these kids again. Cause everytime I even think about it for a minute I start crying. ..........like now.
Sigh.
It's just hard saying goodbye to little people that you've seen grow so much over a year. The rapid development of little kids is amazing! It's just unreal to me that I'm going to have to just...say goodbye to ten little kids who don't understand that they are never going to see me again. I can't say anything to them because they just don't get it.
I need to not get so attached.
It's defintely been a very beneficial job. I've had to deal with awful behaviors, manage all kinds of bodily fluids, give nuturing and socialization to socially behind kids, help with motor skills that we take for granted, and best of all played like crazy and at times had five kids chasing me or hanging on me for attention. I'm going to miss it. It really was a great job to prepare me for motherhood, I think.
I know, I know......nothing can prepare me for motherhood other than actually experiencing it.
I feel like I see people post flowery pictures with sayings like that on Facebook multiple times a day, ha ha. :)
Weeeeell, I have two tests this weekend that I best be off to studying for.
Oh Amber, why is your blog always so fun to read? It's like I'm killing two birds with one stone. I get to satisfy my stalker-tendencies as well as get a good laugh and an "awwww" moment. Keep up the good fight and don't kill those kids, kid.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Zach! Killing birds is my.....specialty.... :)
ReplyDelete