July July July.....
Hooray for July! One of the biggest hoorays for July is.....only 29 more days of work! Ha ha!
Oh my goodness, this summer of work has been so interesting. Or rather, it hasn't been interesting at all which in turn makes it....interestingly awful. I feel like I need to write about this mostly to set the record straight in my own head. Usually writing helps me figure out what I'm feeling and lately I've been feeling like I need to write about how to I feel about mowing. I think I just said "feel" about five times in that sentence. Ok, maybe only three.
I LOVE mowing. If I didn't I wouldn't be on my fifth summer of it. Over the past couple of years I've met some of the best friends I'll ever have, which is wonderful. Along with that I've learned that even in weird situations like a grounds crew you can have lots of uncomfortable politics and what not which I think ultimately is the reason I chose to be a gang mower this year.
I've had such a love/hate relationship with gang mowing. It's really fun when the grass is long, for some strrrrrange reason I've fallen behind schedule, (this never happens) and I kind of need to hurry.
And yeah, being away from the politics is lovely. :)
However, I waste so much time. Ha ha ha. I actually work for probably half of time I'm actually at work.
Ok, so normally people would be like.....what on earth, Amber, you should be basking in gratitude for the fact that you're getting paid to do nothing!
Sure.....maybe......
I'm just not that kind of person though. I think I get that from my dad. My dad is an extremely hard worker and I think growing up I just watched him, wanted to be like that, and now I am.
The other thing that has been making me pray for school to start is the heat lately. Oh my goodness. The past four years being on the crew I handled the heat fine, I think. Yeah, it got hot, but when you're weedeating or edging you don't really notice. You're just sweating out all of the misery the heat brings. With gang mowing.............
It's quite the opposite. You just sit all day long and roast. You can't move around....you just bake in the heat. Ha.
Eeeeeeek. Needless to say I'm very glad this is my last year of mowing.
Next year will be interesting. I don't really know what will happen, but something good is bound to arise.
When I graduate I get to do six credits of "work experience". According to what they are telling me I get to be given a job by a professor and do it for two months. I'm really hoping I'll be able to convince my professor to get me a job as an early interventionalist.
There are lots of programs that deal with this kind of profession, but the one I want to get into is in Davis School District. They have a program where you can work with babies - birth to three years old - who have special needs. How cool would that be?? I think I would love that job. But.....we'll see what happens. I have no idea what kind of availability there is for that specific program.
I'm kind of hoping whatever "work experience" I'm given will be open enough to actually hiring me. Ultimately I want to own a preschool, but.............my apartment and stage in life aren't really condusive to that right now. Ha ha. I can't even imagine having ten or twelve 4-year olds running around my apartment. They wouldn't fit! My harps wouldn't stand a chance. I guess we have a big enough backyard..........? Ha. No.
Another thing I wanted to talk about in this post was Jeff. Ewwwwwww....mushy, right? Ha. No, I don't think so.
Ever since my age of friends has been out of high school/gotten married etc. I have noticed that everybody is trying to outdo each other with how great their lives are. Ha ha. That's honestly probably just the time of life we are in, but it's kind of funny to watch sometimes.
A constant theme that I have seen is the comment that my friends make (I've probably made it too) about their husbands on Facebook. "Happy Birthday to the BEST husband ever!" "Happy Anniversary to Us! I have the BEST husband in the world!" Best best best. It's always best. And really, these girls aren't wrong.....they are actually right. However, even though they are right, they actually are wrong. :)
Their husbands aren't "the best", but they ARE "the best for them". :) Which really in the end means they are the best! (???)
I was talking to Jeff the other day about different couples that we experience in our lives and one thing that got brought up was the fact that sometimes people we know get kind of hyper focused on what is wrong with their spouse. In the end, they feel like they have to tell us about it, ha ha. We hear things like....I wish he/she was more like this....or....I wish they didn't do that....etc.
As Jeff and I were driving in the car I told him: "Ya know, I honestly have never thought anything like that about you. I've never been so annoyed that I've wanted you any different." .......and luckily he agreed and said he thought the same about me, ha ha.
Sure we've been frustrated with each other at random times.......we wouldn't be normal if that wasn't the case.......but nothing has ever annoyed me about him to the point where I dwell on it, want him to change, or tell people about it.
I consider myself extremely lucky for that fact. And I can truly say that Jeff really is the best.....for me. He knows exactly who I truly am. He knows how I'm feeling before I figure it out myself usually. I have an awesome husband! He will always be my better half for sure.
I think if I had a song playing in the background of my life this is what it would be.....
Keith Urban - Better Half
In fact this song played in the background at our wedding reception!
(I'm really hoping that link works! :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment