Friday, March 7, 2014

Ducks and Elephants

Fridays are wonderful because I only work for three hours. Compared to the other four weekdays where I work 10 hours....that's a pretty great thing! (9 hours actually with kids, 1 hour driving in-between houses)

I am in desperate need of new church clothes, so with having a basically free day and a whole bunch of gift cards from my birthday I was determined to get something. (Like seriously.....I probably can't go to church on Sunday if I don't find something)

If you know me, which I hope you do if you're reading this.....creepy.....

You may know that I don't shop. Never. I really don't ever shop. When we go up to the family cabin 3-4 times a year all the girls want to shop in Park City and those ARE the 3-4 times a year I shop. You think I'm kidding?

Ask my husband.

He loves me for it.

Anyways, back to today. I walked and walked and walked and walked around Kohl's until I noticed something weird.............I wasn't walking.....I was waddling.

NOOOOO!!!!!!

No way!

No way was I waddling!

Sigh.

I was. And here's the thing....I know I'm over 23 weeks pregnant....I know if you try to divide that into months I'm like basically 6 months (we'll say 5 1/2 months) pregnant....but still. Already? I'm already waddling. I'm blaming it on the fact that Kohl's had nothing I wanted and I walked and walked the whole store four times (maybe exaggerating) so my hips started hating me and reduced me to a duck.

That's what I'm going to blame it on. I don't always waddle, right?

Right.

I'm really actually starting to feel pregnant now, which is good and tiring all at once. My body is actually starting to slow down and it's interesting.

On to less depressing things.....

After I epically failed at Kohl's (and as a result probably won't be going to church this Sunday) I went and did what any normal person would do....I got a yummy shake from Coldstone. Mmmmm....

Less than four months till the baby's arrival! That pretty much means I have about three more months of work! Crazy!

I get emotional and excited and every feeling you probably could feel when I think about being done working.

I've always worked. From the time I was 16 I've had a job. When I was in school it was usually part-time....summers were always full-time....and since I've been graduated coming up on a year it's been full-time. It'll be weird not working, but it'll be worth it!

As of last night all of the parents I work with know I'm pregnant now. I've had several act very surprised and have told me I'm really small for being as far along as I am. (I feel like my watermelon of a stomach is growing inches a day, but whatever, I'll take the compliment)

One of the best reactions I got to when I told a mom of a client I'm pregnant.....she congratulated me and then almost immediately said: "But, oh my gosh! He *pointing to her three year old son* beats you up all the time! I'm so sorry!" Even though it's true, it made me laugh!

That really is a tricky part with being pregnant in my line of work. I get punched and slapped at a lot. Usually since my kids are so small the place they can reach to hurt me is my stomach too. I've had to deflect a lot of things lately and it makes me nervous sometimes.

I'm hoping to work up till June and then maybe pretty part-time during June, but we'll see how I feel. I've been feeling pretty good so far, it depends on the day. Like I said, I work 9 hours with kids most days and that's pretty tiring even if you aren't pregnant! Doing therapy is a pretty engaging, full-focused commitment.

The vinyl wall hanging Jeff got me for my birthday came in the mail the other day! I'm so excited to put it up! We probably won't be putting things on the walls in the baby's room for another two months or so though. We want to get the crib and changing table purchased and figure out what other furniture is going to go in there first before things go semi-permanently on the walls. We probably won't have other furniture besides the dresser we already have (that's going to get painted yellow and pink! Wahoo!) and a glider/rocking chair.

Here is a picture of the vinyl thing that came to us the other day. This is going to go above the crib. :) I love it!


Then on the opposite wall I'm trying to get this six tile graphic art thing custom made. Each picture would be 8 X 10 and I'm planning on putting them on wood blocks to kind of stuck 3D-ish out from the wall. We haven't decided on a name yet....and we might not decide till after the birth so I might be ordering like three name pictures just to be safe. We'll see though. As of right now this is what it looks like....


 So cute, huh?? I'm kind of in love.

There are a couple of tweeks that might be made, like the bird on the pink stripe may change to yellow....etc. But that's probably going to be close to the final product. So much happiness!

Ha ha ha.

Our daughter may be spoiled already, but every first child is, right? I'm trying to be very thrifty about everything too though, I'm really not spending very much. (In my opinion...)

It helps that my husband and I both have good paying jobs (for the stage of life we are in right now). Hopefully me working full-time now means we'll have a bunch of money saved up so our baby can always have the cute things that I force upon her, ha ha.

In other happy news, Jeff will be graduating in less than two months!! Yay!! He'll have a good summer's break, which he'll need to get used to having a baby, and then hopefully the masters program will start in the fall.

Most days when I think about our next year, it amazes me how selfless Jeff is. He'll be working full-time and doing his masters while being a new dad. As we've considered all of our options, we both primarily want me to be a stay-at-home mom, but we've considered if I should do some evening/weekend sessions with my current job. Every time I bring it up and talk about scenarios like, I could make this much money if I did this....or I could make this much money if I do that.....Jeff has always said that the money doesn't matter.

I'm a pretty lucky girl to have him in my life.

Well, hopefully anyone that read this was just wishing upon a star that an emotional pregnant lady would divulge her latest pregnant moments with you............

.........cause that's pretty much what this was.

I guess if you think that's annoying you wouldn't be reading this anyways. If you are still reading this and you think I'm annoying, just imagine me waddling through Kohl's and maybe that'll put you in a happier mood.

I've always looked at the outlandish braggers that I find daily on Facebook and have told myself that I don't want to be like them and their bragging ways. But then I type a blog post and realize that many people probably view my life how I view the outlandish braggers. They probably read all of this and think that I'm on a high horse galivanting through marriage bliss and off to joyful motherhood.

Well, it's not really like that.

I waddle.

I cry.

I say rude things to my husband.

I cry some more.

I worry about my baby.

But mostly, I guess, I waddle now.

I guess in the end it just matters what kind of attitude you decide to have. Amid my tears and frustrations I try to have a positive attitude.

I hope that's the message that can be left with this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Your little girls nursery is going to be so cute!!!! I can't get over how adorable that vinyl and wall art are! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! haha and waddling sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete