When I was little (probably like 9 or 10, maybe older?) I wanted a karaoke machine for Christmas.
This karaoke machine was special though, it didn't play karaoke CD's, it played ANY CD. I wanted to be able to put any CD into this karaoke machine and magically the original singer's voice would disappear so I could replace it.
My mom and dad tried to convince me that this magical machine didn't exist, but I was set on it.
I NEEDED this machine and I NEEDED it right then, for that Christmas. I couldn't just WAIT until science caught up with my mind and did what I wanted.
I just.
Needed.
It.
Heartbreak of heartbreaks, I didn't receive the magical karaoke machine that Christmas and I never did.
Is that my parents fault?
No.
It didn't exist.
Is it my fault for being too creative for modern technology?
Yes.
Yes it is.
Was.
Is still.
It's still my fault.
Since that time of my life I've had lots of "karaoke machine" ideas. So many in fact, my family so lovingly refers to most of my ideas as karaoke machines.
I guess that song "you can't always get what you want" rings too true in my life.
I've gotten used to it though.
It doesn't make me any less stubborn in these situations, but whatever. I am who I am, I suppose.
Lately my karaoke machine has been in the form of baby fabric. Seriously, who in their right mind of the fabric design industry has not thought to make baby elephant fabric that's only pink, yellow, gray, and white?
Everybody.
Everybody is the answer.
So my karaoke machine has gone un-purchased yet again.
Sigh.
We'll just pretend like that's not the most annoying thing in my life right now.
I know, I really do have it hard. People are going through real trials and I'm moaning about fabric. I seem pretty ungrateful, this I'm aware of.
Since I am acting ungrateful how about I make a list of things that are making me happy/super grateful lately!
Happy List:
-My husband graduates a week from today! (that one's more proud than anything else)
-As of today I am 29 weeks pregnant, that's a pretty huge deal!
-Instagram
-We are going out of town this weekend AND next weekend! Woo hoo! I feel like I need a break....it'll be good.
-Cherry blossoms
-Walking around my neighborhood. I love looking at all of the houses and thinking about the people we know here.
-Water
-This picture: Click Me!
-Blowing bubbles with one of my favorite children in the world. I'm going to miss that boy....
-Thinking about holiday traditions to start now that we are going to have kids.
-Feeling content with where I'm at.
-This video: Watch Me!
-Getting an ultrasound done and having the nurse say about 20 times that everything looks great and exactly how it's supposed to be.
-Sleep
-Wonderful springy weather
I'm sure there are lots more, but I better stop before you all get jealous. :) Ha. I'm joking, but really, I have so much to be thankful for.
And on that note I leave you with Josh.....
Listen to Me!
No comments:
Post a Comment