Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Baby Grace and Her Nursery

Well, we didn't make it to the fourth, but I'm totally okay with that!

Grace Eden Robertson was born last Wednesday, June 25th at 11:50 PM. After 20 hours of labor she was finally born! I went into labor around 4:30 Wednesday morning and oooooh my goodness........I have zero idea how anybody gives birth naturally/without medication. I was in so much pain, I don't know how to describe it really, other than it was unbearable.

After we got to the hospital around 6:45 (I was trying to hold out as long as I could....ha ha, that didn't last long....) I had my epidural in by 8:00 AM and until she was born at 11:50 PM I was pretty much just a happy vegetable in the hospital bed.

She was 6 pounds 10 ounces and measured 19 1/2 inches long. She's a tiny little girl and I love it! Newborns are so precious. :) We love her a lot.

This post is mostly going to be about her nursery though. The whole birth story is pretty long (like I said, 20 hours).....rather personal.....somewhat frustrating....but at the same time it was one of the most spiritual moments for me and Jeff.

I don't know how you can give birth to a baby, witness someone giving birth, or really just hold a newborn in your arms and deny that there is a God. I'm grateful to know that I'm a child of God and I get to raise this beautiful little girl who is also His.

Maybe I'll write about the birth sometime, but today I just wanted to get these pictures uploaded and show the nursery!

I'm the kind of person that reads/stalks blogs and wishes that people would put/show more detail.....SO......be prepared for a lot of pictures.

If I was you....I'd want to see all of these pictures.

The stalkers can thank me later. The people who could care less can click the X on this link and go explore the internet elsewhere. :)

First here are some pictures of Grace!

 This is from the morning after she was born. :) 

 Seriously what would I do without this guy?? I love him so much. He's the best husband, friend, and now dad.

 Right before we went home from the hospital!

 Yaaaaaawn!

She loves her hands like it's nobody's business. 

This is from today! (6 days old) She loves curling her feet up. 

 This is the little name tag they had on her bassinet at the hospital. I'm a weirdo and stuck it on her door, ha ha. :)

 The view from the door! 

   
 Jeff and I made these blocks! I posted a picture of the graphic a little while back, but here is the finished product. 

 Bookshelf/toy chest. She kind of has a lot of books already....no.....I'm not addicted to children's literature. Nope. No way.

 The flowers her Grandma and Grandpa gave her in the hospital! They are in the cutest little vase. I think once these flowers die I'll find some fun fake ones to replace them. The vase is too cute not to use! 

My grandma gave me this frame as a wedding present when we got married. I kind of laughed when she did because it's a little odd for a wedding gift and seemed out of place at the time. I'm so grateful she did give it to me though, because she's not here now to enjoy this next stage of life with me. I know she's cheering me on from the other side though! I consider this her gift to Grace. 

 Temple and Jesus picture on the wall. Both little projects I made for her. (and by projects I mean I just painted the frame/block, nothing at all impressive)

 Love this picture! 

 Crib and changing table! I love that they match. :) 

 Elephants!


 Seriously.....so many elephants! Her cute quilt. :)

 Complete with her name. 

 The vinyl wall hanging that Jeff got for me. This is pretty much what started the pink, yellow, and gray elephant madness. 

 Our mammoth chair that takes up half the room! I love it though, it's already been wonderful to have in there. 

 The room is kind of small so the chair had to go in front of the closet, ha ha! Good thing that half is only storage that we never get out!
(Side note: Jeff gave me that stuffed animal elephant on the arm of the chair when we were dating.)

 Bows! Yay for being girly!

 Jeff and I painted the dresser to match the room. It was brown before this. Since it's in the closet we really didn't need to paint it, but Jeff's the nicest and did it anyways because he knew it'd make me happy. (and it did!)


 Our window is kind of dirty so it's hard to see, but I love how our big Lion King-ish tree is right outside her window. It's the small things that bring joy to my life....ha ha. Obviously.




Me and Jeff as newborns! I'm surprised Grace's hair wasn't darker when she was born, Jeff and I both had pretty dark hair. 


Well, I hope you enjoyed my overload of pictures. :)

I love my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment