Friday, December 11, 2015

Needy Talker

You guys.

Molars are a thing.

And I think my daughter is getting two of them.

And they are making my life tricky!

Haha...

(All the cool people wear jammies with their coats and Winnie the Pooh shoes!)
(Or that's what all the babies with lazy moms do.)

Oh goodness....

This baby is SO needy.

I must carry her at all times or it's a flailing meltdown.

It makes me sad, cause I don't know how to help.  She doesn't have a fever and she's not grabbing at her mouth like it hurts,  so I don't want to just constantly be giving her Tylenol.

I'm pretty sure the source of her neediness is teeth though.

Or she's just growing up and realizing she still needs her mommy.

Who knows.

I've been working a lot with her on calming down and asking for things without crying. It's pretty cute,  cause when she calms down and asks nicely on her own she gets so excited!  Hahaha, she'll smile so proudly and claps sometimes.

Regulating emotions is tough business.

Especially when you're a year and a half and every emotion is a big deal!

I'm glad I can work on these things with her, and she's understanding some of them at such a young age.  I think it's important to start young.  Obviously babies need a lot more freebies than a three year old would,  but self regulation is so important!

*steps off soap box*

Grace has probably 9-12 more words from the last time I wrote about her.

That puts her word count over 30! Is that normal for a baby her age?  I think I'll go look that up after I'm done writing this.

I can totally attribute her vocabulary to her inherit want to learn.  She LOVES learning anything and everything and it really is a natural thing for her.

Her new words are:

-Ah-WWoul! (Owl. Her W sound is so exaggerated,  haha)
-Bear
-Buh-he (Bunny)
-Glasses (I won't type out how she says that one,  cause it's probably a swear word,  haha)
-Schitier (Sticker)
-Gamma (Grandma)
-Ow-ide (Outside)
-Poop
-Seech  (Teeth)
-Eyes
-Up
-Kerel  (Cereal)

And I think her only new sign is - "thank you"

She knows where most of her body parts are (eyes,  ears, mouth, teeth, nose, hair, arm, leg, fingers, toes, bum) The most recent one I've taught her is "tongue" and she thinks it's hilarious.  She loves sticking her tongue out and repeating tongue back to me.

She repeats so much of what I say. Or she'll just say "Yeeeeah..." to almost everything, haha.

One thing I've noticed which I think is interesting is she never says "no". She'll shake her head no when she doesn't like something or doesn't want to do what I say, but she never verbally says no.

Something cute that she's been doing lately,  is she'll sit down with a book,  get Zach's attention by babbling a bunch of nonsense, and pat the floor next to her, asking him to come read with her.

Soooo cute!

If you couldn't tell,  I like analyzing everything my baby does.

Hahaha

I guess it's the human development major in me coming out.

Or it could be because my jobs leading up to being a mother,  especially my post bachelor's degree job, were to critically analyze behavior.

I've been wanting to read some of my textbooks I saved,  cause I think they would help me a lot with being a mom and caregiver for my nephew.

Buuuuut they are up in a box on a high shelf and even when I stand on a chair I can't finagle the box down.

#shortgirlprobs

Oh well,  maybe after Jeff graduates next week he can do that for me.

Oh yeah,  so.....

JEFF GRADUATES WITH HIS MASTERS DEGREE IN EXACTLY ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!!!

HOORAY!

Getting a masters degree is a huge deal.  So much hardwork goes into that.  I'm so proud of him.  He's the best person I know!



(Never a blog post goes by without Jeff praise :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment