Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Our First Home

We are getting so close to closing the chapter of our lives in this apartment.

We've lived here our entire marriage!

6 years!

That's kinda crazy.

Most of our friends who got married around the same time as us.....or even most that have been married less time than us,  have moved at least once, if not several times already.

It's kind of amazing we've lasted here this long.

It makes me really emotional thinking about leaving here,  actually.

Even though we have definitely outgrown it and are ready to leave,  it still makes me sad.

Everything has happened here!

Every part of our lives together so far has happened in this tiny 2 bedroom apartment.

In this apartment we have:

-brought home 2 babies from the hospital

 August 2016

June 2014

-celebrated 5 anniversaries of marriage
2014 Anniversary

-had 6 jobs (Jeff 2, Me 4....I usually worked seasonal or year round jobs to fit with school)

From driving this...



To working with kids...
Pictures the kids I worked with took of me, haha.

I still have dozens of pictures of kids I worked with, but I think sharing those would be frowned upon, even 3+ years later!



'
Buletin board goodness!

Grace at Jeff's work :) (Goldenwest)

Trick or treating at Dad's work


-graduated with 2 Bachelor's degrees (1 each)

-graduated with a Master's degree

-have had 2 near death hospital stays (1 each)

-celebrated 13 birthdays





-loved our backyard

 







-had 1 NICU stay for our baby




-watched our cousin/nephew Zach for 2 school years





-taught Grace everything she knows......
   Crawling,  walking,  running,  jumping,  talking,  singing, dancing,  playing,  eating,  drinking, climbing stairs, manners, how to pray....
 




-watched our favorite shows (Psych, The Office) in a marathon over the summers

-had numerous barbecues in the backyard with people we love
-taught my first harp lessons
-learned how to cook (and sometimes burn) many different things
-learned how to live with a newly diagnosed auto immune disease



-went on soooo many walks around the neighborhood



-laughed the most we've ever laughed
-celebrated numerous holidays, including 6 Christmases




Christmas 2011

Christmas 2012
Christmas 2013

4th of July 2014



Halloween 2014

Christmas 2014

Thanksgiving 2015

Christmas 2015


Halloween 2016


Christmas 2016

-went on vacations to California, Washington D.C., and other places closer to home

Virginia 2012




California 2013
Jackson Hole 2014



Lots of trips to the cabin



Camping 2016

-cried over our trials

-had 11 other families come and go in our 4-plex.
 This was a time we went canoeing with our neighbors! 



Before we had Grace we would do apartment dinners quite a bit. Then I guess we got boring after having a baby, ha ha ha.

Seriously,  we've had sooooo many people move in and out around us.  Some would stay a couple years,  others only a year,  and a few for 3+ years.  We've made a lot of good friends living here.

Our entire life together happened in this apartment. The pictures I'm sharing are just tiny snippets of our life here. It's so crazy to think of where we've been and how far we've come while being here.




















Sometimes I remember that Grace truly doesn't know any different than living here and that blows my mind.

She doesn't know any other home.

As we've gone and looked at houses over the past year she's gotten really good at walking around and repeating things she's heard us say in houses like "oooo, nice closets!" Hahahaha.

And most recently when we've told her we are moving into a new house she's gotten REALLY excited and wants to go see it everyday.  :)

Grace in her room in our new house :)




She's been asking us for a pink room,  because in the dozens of houses we've gone and looked at there is generally a little girls room that is painted pink and she's always LOVED them.

She's a little pink obsessed.

So we're going to paint one wall in her room pink.

Today she asked me out of the blue if we can go to her new pink house,  hahaha.

Oh man.....so many bitter sweet emotions. I think I'm going to cry many tears when we leave here for good.

Our landlord here has been the best.

She's an older lady, probably in her 80's, and she just adores all the people she rents to.

She always calls us her family and makes us all feel so loved.

She calls Jeff her captain,  because we've always found everyone new to live here in the other 3 apartments (like I said, 11 other families have lived here with us),  plus Jeff has helped around all the apartments a lot. When he called to tell her we were moving she said "Oh,  I'm so happy for you! But what am I going to do without my captain over there!?"

Hahahaha, we love her.

In the 6 years we've lived here,  I think we've only seen our landlord 7 or 8 times. She's so nice,  cause she makes sure we're taken care of,  but she leaves us alone too.

Well, we're on to new adventures and happy times! We'll always look back at our first apartment very fondly. So much growing happened here.  It'll always have a piece of my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment