Monday, May 22, 2017

A Day Like Today

4:30 AM.

I woke up so tired today!

I went to bed with a headache.

I woke up with a headache.

"These kids better be worth it today"....I told myself, ha ha ha.

(The Chinese ones, I mean. The ones who reside in my house are always worth it!)

I wasn't very positive going into today, but that all changed after I taught this morning.

Seriously, I have the best job!

3 of my 4 kids from this morning were repeat students and they are just great. They are such sweet kids. The new one was pretty darling too.

I often worry if I wake up tired that I won't be very present for my own children, but that actually hasn't been the case today.

We've had a really good day!

Being a stay at home mom is redundantly beautiful.

You do the same things every day.

Feed the children.

Bathe the children.

Make the children sleep.

Feed the children again.

Sometimes bathe the children again (okay for real, we don't do baths that much).

Make the children sleep again.

Basically my job is to keep the children alive and make them thrive!

We've been thriving today, that's for sure. I love these babies.

Hunter is a MANIAC.

Remember when I said we don't bathe that much? Maybe we should. Ha ha. Jk. Kinda.


Grace was never as daring and adventurous as he is.

Let's get stereotypical here and say it's cause he's a boy, cause I really have no other explanation for it.

He SPRINT crawls for the stairs every time he sees them. He can't get enough.

Allllll day climbing climbing climbing.

He tried to climb on our small (huge for him) kids Lifetime table today. He's not physically big enough to do so, but he tried and almost succeeded. I'm not sure how he even got close.

He's an incredible little thing!

We went on a walk this morning, which is usually hit and miss, but I'm always happy when it's a hit.



Grace is a trickster. She LOVES doing the opposite of what I say. In situations like this, it's more hilarious than anything else though, so it's all good. 
They are cute! 


Grace was downstairs "cleaning up the toy room" in order to watch Super Why for 2 minutes (seriously, that was the deal....and literally she only had 2 minutes to watch cause we had things to do, ha ha ha. 2 year olds....), and while she was down there she found these 2 A's. She came up three sets of stairs to find me and excitedly said "Mom! I's found 2 A's! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhh aaaaahhh A!"

I'm going to take credit for all of that and pretend that Wyatt from the aforementioned Super Why had nothing to do with it.

I figured I should document a day like today, so when I'm not having a day like today I can look back and see that we have some pretty spectacular times among-st our mediocrity.

I am grateful I can be home with my babies every day. Their smiles and laughs are priceless! And watching them become best friends is hilariously satisfying. Grace is SO protective of Hunter. Every time he looks at the stairs she'll dive in front of him and start crying (like literal falling tears) "No Hunta!!! HUNTA BABY! Hunta baby boy!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Ha ha ha ha

And Hunter just laughs and laughs and sprint crawls after her all day. He wants to run just like her. And sadly, he's going to way sooner than he should! That kid is never stopping.

I love watching my kids learn new things and grow a little bit every day. They are really good kids.

I'm feeling very lucky today that I have the life I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment