Monday, December 4, 2017

A Whole Lot of Lately

So many blog posts started and never completed.

I only have two people to blame!



They are cute people, though.

Being a mom is life changing.

I'm 3 1/2 years into it and I have not been able to come to grips with the fact that my home will not be as clean as I hope for the next..........................

.......................I hesitate to put a time limit.......

..................30 years.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I consider myself a clean person.

I can't even let my family (parents, siblings, etc.) come to my house without it looking picked up and put away.

I have a hard time.

The guilt of my house being uncontrollably unkempt is hard for me!

But seriously.........a one year old and a three year old rule this house.

They play where they want, how they want, when they want, with who they want.

And that makes me happy.

I love that they can be free to learn and grow.

Hunter goes in total meltdown mode if he's not allowed in a single room of the house, ha ha ha ha ha ha. Minus the basement, he's usually okay with that being shut off.

He knows if I'm trying to keep him out of somewhere. That kid has opinions!

So because of that the house is always free reign to all. :)

You'd never know that he's capable of a meltdown mode if you didn't live with him, cause he's a bashful dude out in the world.

At home he is not one bit bashful. He has a voice and it's loud and proud. It's spunky and energetic.

This morning I got done teaching and went up to get Hunter out of his crib. He wasn't crying yet, just kind of talking. I took him in and we laid in my bed while Daddy slowly woke up.

Hunter did NOT want to lay with me. He rolled as fast as he could and dug in to Jeff. Jeff kept trying to move him, cause he was pushing him off the bed, but Hunter was determined, he was going to stay glued to Dad. Ha ha ha ha. It was really funny on my end. I had been awake for three hours so I was wide awake. Jeff was brutally being woken up.

Hahaha, kids are funny.

I figured I'd do an update in picture form, because that seems the easiest way to demonstrate what we've been up to lately.

First, Thanksgiving!

We went to our family cabin and had Thanksgiving with Jeff's parents, siblings, and all of our nieces and nephews. Over thirty people were there! So crazy there are that many of us now.

Grace was overjoyed to have a week of sleep overs with cousins and constant fun.

                         
Razor ride and Thanksgiving dinner! She pretty much only ate that roll and then ran around with all the kids. Ha ha ha. 


           
Hunter ate a roll and maaaaaaaaybe some potatoes? Way to go, buddy! Always barely eating more than his sister. Look at that cute dude, though. *heart eyes all day*

                            
I don't know why I like these pictures....I just do. Ha ha ha ha. I want to remember moments like this. 


              
Jeff and I went on a long razor ride while the kids were napping. I love spending time with just him. 


                                             

                                                    

                                            
Thanksgiving selfie :) 


Stepping straight in to everything Christmas-y....


Hunter loves looking at the trains out the window. He started noticing them as he ate in his highchair. One day he pointed to the window as he ate and I saw the train going by. I usually don't hear them, but he definitely noticed! Now, even if the blinds are shut he hears them and asks for me to open the windows and see. He's a big fan of anything in the transportation department. Trains, planes, cars....he loves them all. He's the cutest little babe. I love him. 

Grace had crazy hair day at school. She was SO happy about her hair. She's standing by our temporary tree in this picture. We are planning on getting a big, real tree soon, but our small, fake one is filling up our Christmas cheer up till then. 

It was also hat day at school, so of course she had to do both......

She's so cute. Even if the pipe cleaners are making her hat stick up weird, ha ha ha ha. 

Grace had her FIRST dance recital a couple weeks ago. 

She was SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!

And then she'd randomly burst into tears and not want to do it, ha ha ha ha. My mommy heart was struggling with it. 

But then when it came time for her to go on stage (there were 800 people in the audience) she ROCKED it!!! 

She did SO well! For her little three year old ability, it was perfect. My pride exploded. I was so proud of her. There is nothing quite like watching your child struggle with something or be afraid of something and then overcome it and excel. I just love watching her learn how to navigate her little life. 

She earned every bite of that ice cream! Ha ha ha ha. Positive reinforcement never hurt anybody. After I went and picked her up backstage I took her to see the grandparents that came to watch her. She hugged them and said "I WANT YOU ALL TO GET A TREAT WITH ME!!!!" Ha ha ha ha ha


We decorated my mom's Christmas tree last night. The kids loved it! 

Grace loves to hoard her favorite ornaments

This is my baby ornament. It's funny watching Grace learn the concept that I was a baby at one point in time. She loves talking about things like that. 

Family Christmas party! December always has so many parties. :)

Hunter's second haircut! Look at how much hair he had! Wow! I honestly thought it was just going to be a trim. 

Grace's FIRST haircut! She was SO proud, it was hilarious. She told the girl to keep cutting even after she was done, ha ha. The girl that cut her hair actually took off a whole inch, which was probably good. I bet her hair will grow in a little more straight and healthier.

Sweet girl! I got my haircut too at this same appointment where both kids did. I only get my haircut every maybe.......year or so? Ha ha ha. Sometimes 18 months or two years go by before I cut it. I should probably cut it more often, but I just don't. It doesn't grow very fast. The lady that cut my hair took off an inch and just thinned it out. 

"Love meeeee!"

Having kids means the recliner handles of your furniture look like this. 


Grace the artist. She takes some pretty artistic shots! I call this one "One Sock Wonder Sliding Down the Stairs"

She's so funny. 

See? Art. Twilight Sparkle never shined brighter. 

These last two that Grace took are candid (ish) shots of me and Hunter. I love them. They show what our real life is like every day. These pictures are precious to me. They definitely are not high quality, but it just shows what every day life looks like for me.



Grace loves taking pictures with my phone and usually takes about 50+ every time she gets a hold of it. 

My life. Remember how I said my house wasn't going to be clean again till Grace is 34? Too blessed to be stressed, right?? :) 

Aquarium looooove. 

Smilin in Christmas jammies! 

Speaking of Hunter loving trains........

Us at the train station

We took the train down to Granny and Grandpa's the other day and Hunter was in total la la land. He was SOOO happy the whole time. He was glued to the window the majority of the time. Very much a fan of train rides. :) 

This was at Jeff's work Christmas party. It was at the aquarium where we were able to eat in a big room with the shark tank as our view! Our table was right next to the tank too, which was neat. It was fun eating there. The shark tank had small sharks, sea turtles, and fish. The sea turtles were super cool! I enjoyed watching them swim. 

Jeff has been gone a lot studying for a big test he has coming up. I frequently think about how hard he works for our family. 

Everything that Jeff has done school wise and career wise has come with lots of sacrifice on his part. I often think about how he has never taken the easy way out with anything he's done. He's always had goals and has looked forward to where he wants to be. He works hard every day to get there. A lot of the work he is doing now will pay off years down the road. I know that and it helps to think of that when he's gone till 10:00 every night working and studying. 

We were talking with an acquaintance we had just met the other day and he told us that he had thought of going in to what Jeff does, but then he saw how much work and years of school/tests etc. it required so he decided to go a completely different route that would help him graduate faster. 

Although I am sure that is great for that man and his family, I am so grateful for Jeff and that he never gave up on what he has wanted to do. He's never given up on what he wants to be or where he wants to be in life. I love him and his dedication to our family. 

He truly is the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment