Friday, February 1, 2019

My Sweet Friend

My Gracie Goo is such a sweet friend.

She cares very deeply for all of her friends. She never wants them to be sad. She is often thinking of nice things to do for them.

I told her the other day that it is going to be Valentine's Day soon. It was a mini zombie apocalypse type panic that we NEEDED to go to the store RIGHT then and get Valentine's.

Well, I've never been in a REAL zombie apocalypse, I can only imagine what that would feel like.

She was SO excited to get Valentines to give to her friends. She loves giving things to people she loves. Valentines, birthdays, Christmas etc. are all really happy times for her.

So we went and picked some Valentines at the store. She wanted the LOL Doll ones, of course. She was looking at the package and then turned to me...

"Mom... I don't think my boyfriends will like these LOL Doll ones."

What four year old even considers what other kids might like?

She said it in a concerned way too, NOT in a... 'I'm bothered that they might not like the ones I like' kind of way. She genuinely wanted her friends to be happy with her gift.

Grace has a lot of boy friends, because her preschool class is 3/4 boys, ha ha ha. She has two girls in her class besides herself and then nine boys! She also wanted to give some to cousins, so there are lots of boys there too.

I told her that she could use some from Hunter's Paw Patrol box, because he doesn't need 32 Valentines to himself.

This was acceptable to her, ha ha.

She then spent the next two FULL days filling out each individual Valentine. She wrote her name on all the "from"s and then I told her the letters for each of her friends names to put on the "to"s.

It was a ton of work on her part! She had to write lots of names!

She was so excited with each one, picking out the one she thought her friend would like, finding a taffy to go with it, etc.

I hope her little friends know how lucky they are to have her around.

She is a sweetheart.

Grace has always been very emotionally aware. She understands feelings in a deep way. I just want to squeeze her and never let her leave me, because I know so much of the world doesn't and won't appreciate her emotional intelligence.

I am glad she is my friend. She definitely always makes me feel loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment