Tuesday, August 13, 2019

It's Not Real

I have the nicest friends and family who say things to me like:

"You are such a good mom."

"You do all these things with your kids all the time. You're so awesome!"

"I'm so impressed by the way you.... *fill in the blank*."

Let's be real for a minute....

THANK YOU, well wishers.

I love you.

From time to time those statements are the case, for sure.

Facebook and Instagram leads you to believe my life is this....




That's not real.

That's a fluke.

That's a straight up miracle.

That's.... by some coincidence I perfectly timed my children's level of hunger and tiredness to be at it's peak of happy... and threw them at a photographer at the exact, right moment.

*deep breath*

This is real....

My daughter watching TV amid our month's worth of being gone on weekends and home a couple days during the week.

Summer has been fun, but we are soooo behind on life!

This is real...

My kids knocking over all the books at Walmart.

My kid eating two slices of bread with only peanut butter spread between them everyday.

Me yelling at my kid to stop for the 378th time, because they are making an annoying sound. Hahahaha

Adulting is hard, man.

Motherhood is hard.

I never want my friends to think what I display on Instagram is a perfect picture or a perfect family.

We love each other and we have fun together, but that doesn't mean we don't struggle behind all of that.

For those that say nice things to me, keep it coming! I need all the motivation I can get! Hahahaha.

I sincerely appreciate my friends on social media who keep it real and help us all feel like we aren't alone.

I'm also grateful for my babies who make up both my perfect and INSANE pictures. They are the reason I document so much and want to remember it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment