Monday, December 6, 2010

Blessings

Hi Blog,

Sorry we haven't talked for awhile! I think the main reason for that is because I feel like most of the things I would say are too personal. The majority of what happens in my life is what happens with my boyfriend and my blog was never intended to be all mushy and what not. Ha ha!

Isn't it amazing how God blesses us, though? I feel like my whole life I've gone in and out of friendships and relationships that have molded me to be what I am today (in a good way). Heavenly Father really does put the people we need in our lives in it at the right time.

I think Heavenly Father realizes that our lives are an ongoing cycle of ups and downs....spiritually, mentally, physically, socially....and for that He gives us what we need when we need it. The idea of Him giving us whatever is "expedient" for us at a certain time or another is very true.

If I wouldn't have gone to SUU I wouldn't have gained the independence that I needed for this stage of life. If I wouldn't have moved home and gone to Weber I wouldn't be so close to my family. If I wouldn't have gone to institute choir I wouldn't have met my friend Spencer. If I wouldn't have met Spencer I wouldn't have met his cousin. If I wouldn't have met his cousin I wouldn't be nearly as happy as I am now. If I wasn't this happy I wouldn't have the hope that I have for the near future and for all of eternity.

I know that the cycles of our lives happen for a reason and that Heavenly Father truly does love us.

One thing that I think is interesting is no matter what stage of life we are in or what is happening our patriarchal blessings always fit in. I've read and read and read my blessing and it seems like the same lines stick out in different ways at different times of my life.

“Your patriarchal blessing is your passport to peace in this life. It is a Lianhona of light to guide you unerringly to your heavenly home.”
–President Thomas S. Monson

I love the imagery that President Monson always uses when he speaks. He's a very inspired man of God. I know he's a true prophet and I'm so grateful that I live now while he can be my leader!

It's just barely beginning to be the Christmas season and I'm so excited for it! :) It should be great! Minus the figuring out what to get everyone thing....I love getting people presents, but I never know what to get?

I know that Christ lives and I'm grateful that I can celebrate His birth this month! (and hopefully remember it all year)

I'm so blessed to have such a sweet and caring boyfriend. I only wish that all of my friends could find someone that fits them like Jeff and I fit each other. I have so many dang single friends! I just wish they could be as happy as I am.

Sorry I don't usually type actual stories that happen in my life. Nothing ever too dramatic happens. I just go to school.....go to work.....go on dates.....hang out.....go to choir/institute.....that's about it! Maybe if a cool story happens I'll write about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment