Wow, weird, two posts from me in the same month?? This is abnormal! Ha ha!
I figured I should blog because.... I'm engaged!!!!! :) And I should probably document this story for my future posterity and/or whoever wants to read it!
Sigh....well, first off I have to say that I'm really pathetic. Here is why...
Jeff and I have been dating for 6 months and for the past...oh I don't know...2 months of that I've been going CrrrrAAAAzy wanting to be engaged! Our friends Clint and Tina got engaged about 2 months ago and just....well....yeah. Jealousy started to rage!
That really shouldn't come as news to any of my close friends because I'm pretty sure I made them aware of it everyday for the past... to them what probably seems forever. :) You girls know who you are....and I thank you for being patient with me!
The problem was, Jeff and I wanted to get married in March or April and we really didn't want to have a long engagement, hence, why we had to wait. Amongst all of the waiting I got most of the wedding planned already... yes...pathetic...and Jeff has been so patient with me to have never ending conversations about our wedding before we were even engaged! That's one of the reasons I love him...he's always very supportive of my maddness.
Alright, on to the actual story. I hardly ever get surprised about things and because I constantly had been asking Jeff day to day if he had the ring yet (and his face can't lie to me) I was almost certain that the proposal would not be a surprise. I really wanted it to be though and so did Jeff.
I kind of think he worked up the momentum to lie to me because on Friday (the night that he went and picked up the ring before he came to my house) he said..."the ring place is being dumb and I won't get it for another week and a half probably". I was pretty bummed, but at this point didn't really care because it was coming so what else mattered?
Then on Saturday we had planned on going to Provo to do baptisms at the Provo Temple because that was the only temple I hadn't done baptisms in in Utah. Now...you kind of have to understand this...I LOVE temples. The people that read my blog regularly know how often I go to the temple, and really, anything that has to do with temples gets me excited! So just the fact that I hadn't been to this one and it was the LAST one I needed to go to....I was pretty excited!!
The whole day I couldn't stop smiling because I was so excited to go!
So Jeff came and picked me up and said that he wanted to go to Tucanos for lunch. Tucanos is this really REALLY excellent expensive steak...meat...good food/mostly meat restaurant. (I'm really good at explaining things, huh? Ha ha) I had only been there one other time with his family so I was like....wooo yeah! (my day was getting more and more excellent if you can't tell)
We went and had a wonderful romantic lunch (can lunch be romantic?) and ate more meat than I even want to think of right now....then we were off to Provo!
We drove down and when we got there we ended up staying for about 2 1/2 hours. There were SO many people! For some reason I like being in temples for that long though. The temple is the one place that I feel like I can be the most patient. "Without patience we can not please God." -President Uchtdorf
After we got out and I took 12 million (more or less) pictures on my phone of the temple (even though it pretty much looks the same as Ogden) we hurried back to his truck because it was freezing and started on our way.
We had planned that we were going to read each others patriarchal blessings, but it was way too cold outside and we didn't have many options for places to go so we took a drive up Provo Canyon and found a little hill that we could sit on and read them.
Tangent: While I was in the temple I was thinking to myself.....man, this would have been the PERFECT day to get engaged. Since I love the temple, we were reading our blessings, being together all day and having a fabulous lunch...I kept telling myself it was the perfect day. I was even mentally planning on complaining to Jeff about it when he dropped me off that night...obviously not blaming him, but blaming the dang ring place! Ha ha!
Back to the story....warning....most, if not all of the juicy details may be taken out because this part is rather personal! Ha ha!
We read his blessing and I cried through most of it...even though he doesn't want to admit it...he cried too.
After we were done reading it, Jeff said a whole bunch of cute stuff about the future (and I cried more) and then he said "wait though...I have to do this right". He smiled at me and I INSTANTLY started freaking out...."what?? What are you doing?!?"
He got out of the car and came around to my door...opened it and got down on one knee...he said a whole bunch of more cute stuff and I think I probably said "yes!!!" a couple of times before he was even done talking, ha ha ha!
In the end, I got my perfect proposal.
I'm very grateful to my Heavenly Father for how this has all worked out. I truly do believe that we are meant to be with the people that come into our lives and even though we ourselves aren't perfect...I feel like Jeff is perfect for ME and he keeps telling me that I'm perfect for him.
I can't imagine spending my life without him or really with anyone else. I love him.
In the year that I was going to SUU I met this really cute couple that was getting married and our other friend asked them if they believe in "soul mates". They answered that they didn't really believe in everyone elses definition of soul mate, but in a sense we can become each others soul mates once we find someone that we love enough to marry. I agree with that!
I know that Heavenly Father has positioned my life to meet Jeff and to fall in love with him. The past couple of months have all fallen into place just like they should have and I'm hoping I can say the same about the upcoming months (2 1/2 months) till the wedding!
I also know that Heavenly Father has had a hand in our relationship because of how the temple part of our wedding is working out. As was mentioned before....I love temples. I contemplated getting sealed in the Bountiful Temple because it's more photogenic in MOST peoples opinions, or even the Salt Lake Temple because really it's probably the most photogenic of all the temples......but for some reason I kept coming back to the Ogden Temple and I knew that was the one.
Even since high school I've loved the Ogden Temple. It's the place where I truly grew to love temple work and to love my Savior. I've been to that one the most and it just feels like home to me.
I was really nervous because there were TONS of rumors that they were closing it at the beginning of January.
The Church announced about a year ago that they are doing a 2 year remodel on the Ogden Temple...pretty much redoing the outside completely. I wasn't ready to get married in January and I obviously wanted to be married before the new one would have been open, so I was quite nervous.
Jeff and I decided on March 26th and about a week or so later the Church announced that the Ogden Temple would close for renovation on April 1st. It seemed like a miracle to me.....and I know that I'm meant to get married in that temple. :)
73 days away!
dawh!! Love it!
ReplyDeletei'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeletethat's a good day to get married. it's totally my parents' wedding anniversary. not that you know them, or maybe even really care, but still. it's cool. :)
This blog is officaly dead.
ReplyDeleteI love blogs! I'm glad I found yours and read this post cause it's such a cute story! That's the good thing about a girl vs a guy haha girls know how to tell the stories haha I look forward to getting to know you better! :)
ReplyDelete