Thursday, October 3, 2013

Let's Be Honest

There has been a lot of stuff in the news lately....

(I'm not talking about the government shut down, cause let's be honest, I know nothing about politics....) (...the other day my coworker was telling me that one of my client's moms may be "furloughed" and I was like....."uh, what's that?") (Jeff later explained it and I felt dumb) (anywho) (is that enough parenthesis for you?)

.....that has been bothering me. Lots of things about the Church and people being all angry about definitions and such.

I don't ever post my opinion of these things on Facebook, cause let's be honest (again), I don't want to open a can of worms. I have lots of friends with lots of opinions and lots of them are different than mine. This might be where some of the bother is coming from.

Well, today I was listening to a talk by Elder Ballard and he said something that gave this OVERWHELMING feeling of peace and resolution. I feel like this part of his talk gave me exactly the clarity that I needed.

Heavenly Father is so mindful of us that way. :)

"In our Heavenly Father's great priesthood-endowed plan, men have the unique responsibility to administer the priesthood, but they are not the priesthood. Men and women have different but equally valued roles. Just as a woman cannot conceive a child without a man, so a man cannot fully exercise the power of the priesthood to establish an eternal family without a woman. In other words, in the eternal perspective, both the procreative power and the priesthood power are shared by husband and wife. And as husband and wife, a man and a woman should strive to follow our Heavenly Father. The Christian virtues of love, humility, and patience should be their focus as they seek the blessings of the priesthood in their lives and for their family."

<3 br="">

No comments:

Post a Comment