Friday, June 26, 2015

Grace's Birthday!

Grace is officially one year old!

I may or may not have cried some good tears reminiscing on her first year yesterday.

                       From this.......                  to this.....                              to this! 

The first year is a huge deal! They grow SO much. They learn SO much. They just develop SOOO much!

Yesterday I'd look at the clock periodically and remember exactly a year ago in the hospital what was happening with Grace's birth story. She wasn't born till almost midnight, so I had lots of hours yesterday that I could remember what happened at the hospital that day.

And after she was born, oh my goodness, just remembering how little she was. Her tiny little feet at the end of her skinnier than skinny legs. They are definitely not skinny anymore! Ha ha.


Her sad little newborn cries....and how she just slept ALL the time! And would just lay on us all the time. That quickly changed within a couple weeks when she got more awake and decided cuddling was not her thing.

Her first year she was not a cuddler. If you were holding her she'd want to be sitting up and seeing exactly what was happening in the room. As she's getting older, though, she's starting to cuddle with us more. She'll actually lean back and lay with us a little bit. It's fun to see how she changes.

At her one year well child check up today she was very average in everything but her head size! Ha ha. She was 21.05 pounds, which is lighter than I was expecting, actually! So that's the 51st percentile for her age. She was the 52nd percentile for height and the 81st for her head circumference, ha ha. Jeff and I both have big heads, so that makes sense. Her doctor gave us a book for her birthday which I thought was super sweet of them!

Yesterday, being her birthday, was super fun!

We had a ladybug party in our backyard with our families. They all gave Grace fun toys and clothes. We really have the best families ever. They are so supportive and great to us. And I love how they all love Grace! She's an easy girl to love though. She's a big sweetheart.

These are the decorations I made for the party...

 Red and black everywhere!
 I made a high chair tutu :)



I strung up Grace's monthly photos and birthday poster on clothes pins! 
 This kind of shows the back of the monthly photos, 
I put corresponding dots on the back for each month.
Birthday poster that was in the middle of the monthly pictures :)

The monthly pictures that I'm talking about above are the ones I posted on Instagram/Facebook every month with her milestones. I'm going to post them here too so I have them somewhere all together. It's fun looking at how she's progressed. 

 I love how she goes from laying down not paying attention to what's going on...
 To smiling at me....
 Getting more and more personality...

Rolling to her tummy....
 Sitting up...
 Slowly getting stronger...
 To standing up!

Acting crazy!
 Having an attitude...
Being more like a toddler than a baby. 

Back to the party! 

Grace LOVES all of her presents! She's been playing nonstop all day and thinks they are all awesome. 

I want to start out with this story, because it made my whole day...

Grace's cousin Sophie picked her out a baby doll for her birthday and Grace loves it! It's kind of melted my heart actually how much she loves it....

Grace has never been into stuffed animals. She's never gotten attached to a stuffed animal like a lot of babies do or ever even played with them in general. We have plenty, but she never picks to play with them. So since she loved this baby doll instantly, it made me happy! 

We were sitting on the floor playing this morning and she kept throwing the doll on my lap, then turning around and backing up to get on my lap too. I was trying to figure out what she wanted and then it dawned on me that she wanted to take a picture!

I'm not even joking, that's totally what she wanted! Ha ha ha ha, it was so funny!

So I got my phone out, did a selfie and Grace smiled so big!

Baby doll selfie!

As soon as I took the picture she hopped off my lap and crawled across the room to play some more. 

Does that tell you how many selfies we must take?? Ha ha ha ha! 

She's so funny and so smart, I can't get over it sometimes.

Here are the rest of the pictures of her gifts!

 Baby doll love at first sight! 
Ladybug Camelbak....she's OBSESSED with my Camelbak, so I thought it was time she got her own, ha ha. :) She knew immediately what it was for too. 

Okay....so this picture is upside-down....and I've tried several times to fix that....but it's not working, so enjoy it's cuteness from this angle, ha ha. She got tons of cute clothes!

 She loves this piano. She can play it without looking, while sitting on it, or even the correct way! Ha ha. She's so weird, but hilarious!
 Vrrroom! This car has been constantly moving this week (she got it earlier in the week from my dad and Teri). She likes pushing it really hard and seeing how far it can go. She's gotten good at making it go while she's actually on it too.
Ladybug mania! I think it's safe to say she thinks the ladybug starlight is pretty amazing. We took it in her dark room and she freaked out at it's awesomeness, ha ha.

I made a ladybug cake and cupcakes for her party. The ladybug frosting got kind of melty from being out in the heat, ha ha, but it turned out okay! I also did some pink funfetti cupcakes with sprinkles. Soooo fancy, I know....I should open a bakery... :)




 Her face in this one is so cute! I wish it wasn't so blurry. 
 "My cake!"
 She was mostly a fan of the frosting. Straight sugar....can't go wrong there....
 Hmmmm....
 And eventually she found out she could reach the balloon!
Birthday girl cuteness!

This one is from Monday when my dad and Teri came! Jeff and I love this picture! Her teeth are hilarious!

One last funny story, cause this is something fun to remember...

Grace has about 5 or 6 words now that she says all the time. Some more than others, like "DAH-Y!" (Daddy) is a constant.....she's a ginormous daddy's girl.....but another more frequent one that she says is "YASS!" (Yes).

About a week ago when she started saying it she mostly left off the Y and it sounded..........LIKE NOTHING WE EVER SAY IN OUR HOUSE..........*cough cough*.........but since then she's almost always been adding the Y on there.

The first time she said it Jeff and I were just sitting in the living room with her and we looked at each other like......WHAT?!

Did she just say.......?!?!

And we kept listening......

And she kept saying it.....

Nothing around her sounded like that. We had no idea what she was saying.

We finally figured out that it was "yes" through a couple context clues.

Ha ha ha ha...she keeps us laughing all day long.

She says "yass" when she gets excited mostly. Like I've noticed when she likes a situation she'll say it, or if she gets an object/toy/food that she likes she'll say it then too.

It's kind of weird, cause usually kids learn to say "no" before "yes". And usually they don't say the "s" they start with "ya", ha ha.

She says it clear as day though - "yass!!"

One time Jeff was playing with her and said "yes" and she repeated back "yes" with the E sound rather than A.

It'll be interesting watching when she transitions into the E sound permanently, so then maybe people won't hear her accidentally swearing all the time.

And think that Jeff and I are horrible people, ha ha ha.

Oh man....I love that girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment