Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Too Blessed to be Stressed

When I get all emotional and feel like I want to explode all over Facebook and Instagram I have to step back and tell myself that probably nobody wants to see that, and I should probably just go blog. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Consequently my blogs are usually emotional and I just blubber my way through them. 

Oh well...

It's my blog. I can do what I want, right?

Riiiiiight.

I've been feeling all kinds of emotional about Jeff and Grace lately. 


I think Grace will be walking, at least a little bit, by her birthday. It's about three weeks away! She stands up all the time by herself. Sometimes she's still a little wobbly, but most of the time she'll just stand there for 30 seconds or more. 

We've been giving her lots of table foods and she LOVES them! I think our days of mushy baby food are near over. She had chicken enchiladas for the first time the other day and ate a ton! I think it might have been her favorite thing we've given her. She's also been having spaghetti, pancakes, eggs, rice, fruit in little pieces, whatever kinds of meat we have with our meals, and the list goes on and on. 

She's never liked bananas. I think it's more of a texture thing than taste. I'm very much a texture person when it comes to food, so I wonder if she is too. She acts like she doesn't like the sliminess of the bananas. 

Grace has always been a good sleeper. The first two months she was very much a newborn sleeper, but that's to be expected, that's just a stage of life you have to live through. Since she's been between 2 and 3 months old she's been an excellent sleeper. 

She currently sleeps 12 or 12 1/2 hours at  night. 

Then her morning nap is usually 2 hours long and her afternoon nap is generally 1 1/2 hours. 

That's MORE than rockstar status sleeping. 

That's like too good to be true! 

Jeff and I are very blessed that way. 

Grace has always thrived on having a schedule. 

Our schedule for sleeping, eating, etc. is pretty set, but it's not rigid. Being too rigid isn't a healthy thing, but I also believe being TOO flexible isn't healthy either. 

Kids need structure. It's predictable. Predictability is comforting to anybody, no matter what age they are. 

Obviously Grace has her off days where she'll only take a twenty minute nap or will just be really whiney, but for the most part she's a really good baby. 

Her best word that she says is "Dada". I can see her saying it in context all the time and it's really cute. 

Yesterday the garbage truck came by and I picked Grace up to look out the window and look at it pick up the garbage can. She looked for a minute, but then started looking everywhere else to see if Daddy was home. She started pointing down the road/sidewalk and saying: "Dada?? A-dad-y? Dada?!" 

We generally look out the window mostly to see if Daddy's home yet or to watch him leave, so it was super cute that she had made that connection. She's a smart girl!

Tangent story about her being a smartie: The other day we were at a party and a lady who we had just met was talking to Grace and after a minute or so she looked at me and said: "I can tell she's a really smart baby. Most babies just look around at things, but you can tell she's actually analyzing and taking in everything she's looking at. She seems so smart!" 

She's getting really good at letting us know what she does or does not want. Lately she's been ALL about wanting to sit on my lap. She doesn't really care about snuggling or being close to me, she just wants to be safe on my lap. 

This is the face she makes when she wants something that she's not getting. (In most cases it's when I'm not letting her up on my lap fast enough, ha ha)

I seriously adore that picture. It cracks me up! It's probably in my top 10 favorite pictures of her. She will make her bottom teeth go crooked and get the most concerned look on her face. She usually just does a little whimper with it, which is also cute. 

There have been a handful of instances lately where she's gotten a huge attitude! She's definitely turning into a sassy toddler. My mom says she reminds her of me when I was her age. 

I guess I was a pretty good tantrum thrower for my mom. 

I've always been pretty shy in public, especially when I was little, but at home I was a firecracker! Ha ha ha. 

I wonder if Grace will be the same way.

There have been a couple times when I've tried taking away something from Grace that she REALLY wants and she has thrown a tantrum over it. She will flail her body backwards and fall to the ground. She'll also get the biggest death grip on whatever she's holding that she wants. 

It's kind of funny, cause it's really out of character for her. She's always been strong-willed, but in a good way, never in an aggressive upset way. 

Can you tell I like watching my baby develop? 

Watching little people grow and develop is my favorite thing. But you already know that if you've read my blog before. 

And last, but not least I have to say how nice Jeff has been to me lately. With a lot of medical changes and really just huge life changes happening he's been so sweet to me. He always asks me what I need in the calmest, nicest way and never gets frustrated with me. (Even though I'm extremely frustrated with myself)

I've been kind of sick the past week trying to figure out everything and he's been so supportive. 

Also, he's just a really good guy. He's being a rockstar at his job and I just feel so blessed that he works so hard for us. 

He came home from work the other day and about a half hour later one of his coworkers called him with a question. He's the assistant manager so he helps his coworkers with problems a lot. After they couldn't figure it out over the phone Jeff told her he'd just come back to work and help her. 

He didn't have to do that, but he cares enough about the people he works with and his job in general that he did. He's such a nice guy and hardworker! 

I was going to work this summer to save up some money for the fall, but now that I'm not Jeff is stepping up and doing everything he needs to do to cover that. And he's never complained about any of it. 

I feel very blessed to have these two people in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment