Friday, August 7, 2015

Patiently Getting Things Thrown At My Head

Today I woke up an hour earlier than normal to a crying baby.

And then that baby was brought to me by her daddy and cried in my bed till her bottle arrived.

Once she got her bottle she passed out next to me and repeatedly kicked my face for the next half hour or so.

She made sure to let me know she was done with her bottle too by throwing it at my head when it was empty.

After we got up and going she decided to chuck her bowl full of oatmeal across the kitchen as soon as I placed it on her highchair.

We read some books for awhile and she wanted to turn the pages faster than I could read.

The rest of the morning was spent following me.

Now, after our walk, she's sleeping and I'm just sitting here thinking about how much I love that baby.

Attitude, tantrums, and grumpiness included....

I love that baby.

I think it's very obvious to anyone who follows me on social media...they know how much I love that baby!

Social media is an interesting thing.

It's allowed people to share things about their lives that they wouldn't normally just walk up to an acquaintance and share with them.

A big trend that I see shared on Facebook/instagram/blogs is infertility.

I can't help but wonder if my posts about my baby make those people sad.

Or jealous....mad....upset.

I think it's okay to be those things at times.

I have some friends who have tried to have children for 5+ years now, which makes my measly 1 year to get pregnant with Grace look wimpy.

But I know the feeling of logging on to social media and seeing everything that you wish you had plastered in front of you, and wishing it would just happen.

I'm a big fan of the 'everything happens when it's supposed to' thing though.

And now as my heart longs for certain things (like normalcy, maybe, ha) I have to remember that faith = patience.

That was the hardest thing for me to learn when we were trying to get pregnant with Grace that faith concurs all. I had always considered myself a faithful person, but it wasn't till I realized that faith requires action that I actually changed and started having real faith.

And I think that change can take away a lot of the upset feelings when we're impatient about our current situations, whatever they may be.

I know my life goes in cycles and I'm always having to remember to have patience and faith.

It will all work out!

"Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best—better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His. We can grow in faith only if we are willing to wait patiently for God's purposes and patterns to unfold in our lives, on His timetable."

 -Elder Neal A. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment