Friday, August 7, 2015

Taken to the Bottle

Grace is totally an only child.

Even more than that, she is definitely a FIRST child.

There are so many things that I just end up face palming, cause I say to myself: "just let her do it! Just let her be grown up enough to eat that food! To sleep with a blanket! To only use a sippy cup!"

Grace recently started sleeping with her minky.

When I say recently I mean: Last week.

Up until now she's never slept with any blanket of any kind. It was always just her in the crib and nothing else.

PARANOID PARENT ALERT!

Now that she gets a blanket she's IN LOVE with naptime! Bedtime! Sleep anytime!

Me: "Do you want to take a nap?"
Grace: *frantically starts looking for blankie*

You think I'm joking, come hang out at my house.

She was always a good great sleeper before, but she would usually cry when we'd put her down for naps. She'd fall asleep within 1-2 mintues, but there was usually a little struggle. Now, she welcomes naptime like it's the best time of the day.

I should have given her a blanket a long time ago.

Paranoia.

Another thing that we've been bad about is giving her hard food to eat. This may have a lot to do with the fact that she has no filter when it comes to food so she ends up choking on things when she's not sure how to pace herself.

But still....we should be brave enough to just give her whatever at this point. And we do....usually.....

We're working on it, okay?

PARANOID PARENT ALERT!

The last thing, mostly, is more on Grace than it is on me.

She's loves her bottle.

I'm having a hard time getting the guts to transition her over.

She drinks water fine out of the sippy cups and actually likes drinking from them, IF it's water. But if it's milk you might as well have proclaimed that WWIII is about to begin.

She'll only drink milk out of bottles.

I know I need to be brave and just transition her. I know this.....

It's just a lot easier said than done.

Other fun updates about our baby:

-She's walking a lot more now! When she's calm she'll actually primarily walk and not crawl. If she thinks you're leaving her in the room by herself she'll sprint crawl after you so she can keep up.

-She's started doing this smile that makes me laugh so hard! It looks like a little evil smile, but really it's just her smiling as big as she can! Ha ha ha ha. She does it all the time and it's pretty funny. She turns her head a little and scrunches her eyes a bunch like in the picture below. Sorry the picture isn't the best quality, but it's the best one I have of that smile.

-She wants to play outside all day. Lately we've been going out 2-3 times a day. She's very proud that she can climb on the picnic table by herself. We watched some quail in our backyard the other day for a long time and she was fascinated by them. I think we need to go to the zoo.

-She's become really cuddly. She's never been this way. She LOVES laying in mom and dad's bed with us in the morning. She'll actually lay down in the blankets (cause she's allowed blankets now *face palm*) which she never has done before. She's always wanted to be up and seeing what's going on. It's kind of weird that I feel like cuddling makes her seem grown up....but it does.

She's the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment