Some days we forget to look around us.
Some days we can't see the joy that surrounds us.
So caught up inside ourselves, we take when we should give.
So for tonight we pray for...what we know can be. And on this day we hope for, what we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change, and even though we all can still do more.....
There's so much to be thankful for.
Josh Groban.
How I love you.
Josh's music has been there for me during the hardest times in my life.
My parents divorce, more than half a dozen break ups, infertility, being diagnosed as Type 1....
Josh Groban has always been there! Ha ha. I know, cheesy....whatever.
I love his music. It's so comforting. So inspiring! His voice is magic!!
I love his song Thankful.
I really do have the longest list of things I am thankful for. And I realized I haven't posted about them yet this month. It's more than halfway through November already!
Obviously I won't be able to cover the depth and breadth of my thankfulness, so here is my abridged version...
I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I can honestly say that after my family, being a stay-at-home mom is at the top of my list of what I'm thankful for.
There are hard days.
There are stir crazy days.
There are days when I just want to talk to ANYONE above the age of 2.
But mostly there are days full of smiles and learning and hugs and little people being as innocent and carefree as they come.
I am so thankful I can provide that for my daughter and any future children that come our way.
A safe place to learn and grow.
I am thankful that Jeff works his tail off (literally, he has no tail anymore) so I can stay home.
He's the best.
I am thankful for my harp!
I have been playing a lot lately (okay, fine, a lot for ME, I guess) and it brings me a lot of happiness.
The harp is so beautiful.
Sometimes I have to step back and realize that that sound is coming from MY fingers. That I am making that music. That God has given me the talent to play.
I am thankful for a warm, safe house. I love where we live. It may be on the small side, but it's what our family needs right now. And in a lot of ways the small amount of square footage is nice when I'm trying to keep track of one, sometimes two, toddlers. I always know they can't be very far away. And I generally know if they are in a certain room and being quiet that there are only so many options of ways they can be getting into mischief.
I am thankful that I feel comfortable in my neighborhood. That I can go outside with the kids and I don't need to be on top of them to feel safe. I am thankful that I have neighbors I can go to if I need help with something.
I am thankful for all of my family and friends. I'm the worst at asking for help. It's true. I never ask for help. I guess I'm just a private person when it comes to my daily struggles.
But despite my unwillingness to receive help I still have family and friends that give me what I need. I have some of the best friends, that message me or write to me words of encouragement, when really that's the best thing anyone could do for me. I know I have a lot of people who love me and that's the best feeling.
I am thankful that I can live everyday trying to be better than the day before, and it's all because of my Savior that I can do that. I know that He lives and knows how I feel. I am thankful for His love and Atonement.
I am thankful for Jeff and Grace. We've heard that sermon a few dozen times before though.
Is it possible to love somebody too much?
Probably not. But I might be close with those two.

No comments:
Post a Comment