I feel like it's all down hill now (even though we're only 1/3 of the way through). Sometimes just getting past telling everyone makes it feel so much more like it's really happening!
I just posted a blog of something I wrote the day we found out! December 26th. Go check it out!
I actually had wanted to take a pregnancy test on Christmas, cause I really had the feeling I was pregnant, but I didn't want to ruin Christmas if I wasn't! Ha ha, call me weird, I know I am. So the day after Christmas is when we found out!
If you read that post I kind of explained how I feel like this baby is truly a miracle for us.
With all of my medical awfulness, just being able to conceive and carry a baby is a miracle to me!
With Grace it took us a year, exactly 12 months, to get pregnant. Although that doesn't measure up to the years and years of infertility that many of my friends have and are dealing with, for us it was a big thing. It was a major trial in our lives.
I used to HATE....hate hate hate....when people would say things like: "We got pregnant by surprise!!!" "It's a whoops baby!!" "We didn't even WANT to get pregnant!" "It happened immediately!" "On our first try!"
Those are the worst things to say to people who are struggling to get pregnant.
Ugh.
And although I know those people didn't really mean any harm by those comments, I still struggled with them.
How completely ironic is it then that we literally got pregnant immediately with THIS baby?
By no means was it a mistake....or a whoops....or unplanned.
It was very much planned!
We hoped and hoped and hoped that despite all of my medical obstacles we'd have another baby sooner, rather than later....
And it happened!
I'm still so happy and in shock about it!
It's such a manifestation of how God is looking out for me and my situation.
Everyone is so different. All situations are different and unique.
I know mine is tailored to what it needs to be to help me grow exactly how I'm supposed to.
I know we needed to learn from that year of trying to get pregnant with Grace.
And I know I've needed to learn 203,507,845 things from my diabetes.
Diabetes and pregnancy is.......
Hard.
There is so much involved.
(I'll probably only really explain the tip of the iceberg here)
I have three high risk doctors.
Up till now my appointments have kind of been every other week....sometimes weekly....but before long they will definitely be every week.
When you're pregnant with diabetes you have to keep your blood sugar in very tight control. Tighter numbers than when you're not pregnant, because there are more things that could go wrong than with a normal pregnancy.
The list of possible complications is very real....and yet I very much ignore it most of the time, for my own sanity, ha ha.
Because of that list, though, I was having to test my blood 12 times a day.
I felt like that was all I was doing! (Probably cause it was all I was doing)
Now with my CGM (see post 2 times ago for explanation on what a CGM is) I can look at trends on that and that makes my life SOOO much easier! I still have to test a little bit to ensure accuracy, but seriously...
Stabbing myself 3 times a day VS 12 times a day?
I'll take it.
There's probably a whole novel I could write about diabetes and pregnancy, but I'll leave it at that, cause I don't want to get too glum, ha ha.
I've felt a little more sick with this pregnancy than I did the first one.
It's mostly just that I never want to eat anything! Food is so awful!
Slightly problematic when you have an auto immune disease that makes you eat every 3 hours.
Also, I've been so tired! There have been days when I'll just sit and hope Grace and Zach aren't playing with matches, cause I'm just so exhausted, haha.
(Jk I'm not THAT irresponsible.......)
I think a lot of it is in the difference of lifestyle. When I was pregnant with Grace I was out in the workforce with clients all day. I couldn't very easily just pass as sick day in and out. I think my mind was a lot busier and just being out and active didn't let me feel as tired and sick.
Now that I'm home, I can stay in pajamas all day and sit in my comfortable recliner! A lot more time to think about my condition, between chasing a toddler around the house. Haha. I seriously need to go on a walk or something. Getting a little stir crazy around here.
Where is spring??
Another interesting thing to note with this pregnancy is, according to a trend in my family, I should be having a girl!
I've blogged about this before, but I'll explain it again, cause who really remembers all of my blogs?
I think Jeff doesn't even remember most of them! :)
There is a trend in my family...and if you're part of the trend there will be a baby girl in the family born when you're 13 and then later on, you're supposed to have a daughter when you're 26.
So....I'm part of this trend.
It's been going on for about 4 generations now.
When my grandma was 13 her sister was born.
When my grandma was 26 and her sister was 13 my mom was born.
When my grandma's sister was 26 and my mom was 13 my mom's cousin was born.
When my mom was 26 and my mom's cousin was 13 I was born. (TA DA!)
When my mom's cousin was 26 and I was 13 my mom's cousin's daughter was born.
NOW...
I'm 26 and pregnant.....and my mom's cousin's daughter will be 13 this summer.
So what does that mean?
In reality it probably means I'll have a boy and completely throw everything off. Ha ha ha ha.
It'll be interesting to see what happens!
Having a girl would be fun so Grace could be close in age with a sister! But having a boy would be great in so many ways too.
At this point I'm not really rooting for one more than the other.
I just love babies! And as long as they are healthy and happy, gender doesn't matter to me.
Something else fun with this baby, is it will be the third grandbaby born this year for Jeff's family.
This happened with Grace too.
The year Grace was born, Zach and Eliza were born 3 months and 1 month before her.
Now with this baby, Jeff's sister Natalie is having a baby in May and our sister-in-law Laurel is having a baby in July! So those baby's will be 3 months and 1 month older than our baby!
We're starting a new trend! Ha ha ha ha....jk.
I think that's fun though that we keep having our babies at the end of the three babies every time.
Having a bunch of cousins all the same age is fun!
Well, that's about all to report on this life change so far.
Grace is going to be a great big sister, cause she LOVES babies. But I think like most oldest children she'll have an interesting transition having to share me with someone else. She's very much into have ALL of my attention! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment