We had a fun filled day down south with cousins and didn't leave till a little bit into the kids naptime. Hunter was like, "s'all good, Mom. We can take our time!"
Grace was like.....
*cue Godzilla screech noise*
My kids are on a solid schedule everyday. Hunter naps from 10:00-12:00 & 2:00-4:00. Grace naps from 2:00-5:00.
Are you wondering why my house still looks like a tornado?
Me too.
We'll blame the Chinese.
I digress.
Sometimes it takes a grumpy day from Grace to make me realize how mellow Hunter is.
He's the sweetest little thing.
He is FAST! He doesn't want to be left out of anything. If someone in the house goes upstairs, he follows and usually passes them.
He thinks it's hilarious to crawl away from me. He'll look over his shoulder and giggle. I'll play it up like I'm chasing him and he throws his head back laughing as he sprint crawls away.
He is a climber.
The other day he was with Jeff in our family room and as Jeff was helping Grace for one minute/ not paying attention to him, he climbed to the top of our TV stand! Our stand has 3 shelves and is kinda tall. That was no small task! Good thing our TV is mounted and secure.
He is a strong kid. If he wants to do something there is no stopping him! Haha.
He's an adventurer. It's amazing to me how siblings can be so different. He gladly goes up to new things and experiences that Grace still won't.
He has several nicknames that are all kinda similar. I am a nickname spin offer. I call someone one thing and it slowly morphs into other things.
His most used nicknames right now are:
Hunter Boy
Boy
Buddy Buddy
Mr. Boy
Hunta Baby Boy
Don't you wish you lived at my house so you could be called a million differently the same names?
I think it's cute hearing my nieces and nephews call him "Hunter Boy", because they've heard me say it. Today my four year old niece did and it made me smile. I have heard some from Jeff's side of the family do it as well.
Grace calls him "Hunt", both when she's discipling him (hahaha) and being sweet helping him. It's so cute!
He's still using a binky, much to my chagrin.
We have decided to keep him on it till after we go to Disneyland (less than 3 months, baby! Whoop whoop!!). I think he might actually nap in the stroller etc. with it and just overall do better sleeping.
He really only uses it for sleeping, he doesn't have it at all while he's awake.
He has 2 teeth and is currently getting 6 more. His teeth take SOOOO long to come through. Like months! His first two took maybe 3 months from when we could see them under the gums and his gums were swollen to when they actually appeared. These next SIX (poor kid) are doing the same thing.
We're still breastfeeding, amazingly..... surprisingly.....
I've waited nearly a whole year for him to give me a reason not to and he never has. He's done really well.
His birthday is in 3 weeks, which I can't believe.
His first year was the fastest year of my life!
I flip flop between not realizing he's so big, to not being able to remember him as the tiny little thing he was.
I have a feeling he's going to be my partner in crime growing up. Love my buddy buddy.
Helping Mom with dinner
Camping :)



how I felt reading his list of nicknames:
ReplyDeleteyeah buddy, yeah boy, yeah buddy buddy buddy boy boy boy boy. yeah. hey hunta, yeah hunta, yeah buddy yeah buddy hunta boy buddy hunta boy! yeah yeah yeah hunta hunta boy, yeaaaah buddy.
Ha ha ha ha, I love you, Whit!
ReplyDelete