It has made Jeff and I happy that we have a baby who is getting old enough to appreciate our adventures.
Grace really is getting to a good age where she is excited to go do things and actually cares to be doing said things. It seems like up until now she has always just gone along for the ride and hasn't seen the value in the things we do.
I have always been an out in the community mom.
We go to parks, museums, zoos, aquariums, play centers, libraries, malls, grocery stores etc. all for the sake of having experiences. We go somewhere at least once a week, if not every single day! Sometimes I just need to go somewhere every day! Ha ha ha ha.
Our very first time doing this was when Grace was 3 months old.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I remember that day so vividly.
I wanted to go to the Living Planet Aquarium down in Sandy/Draper/wherever that is.
Jeff didn't want to go.
"She's so little, it's not even going to be fun."
"It'll be fun for ME!"
That day was hilarious.
Grace was tiny. She really could care less.
We went to this 3D (possibly 4D? Yes, it was 4D, now I remember) shark show at the aquarium.
Why?
Why would ANYONE take a three month old into a movie theater and think they were going to stay in said theater?
And the thing was.....you HAD to stay.
They specifically told us "if you get up to leave you can't come back in".
Soooo....
We were the people in the movie theater with the screaming baby.
And then the 4D features started to happen.
A shark would jump on screen and we would get splashed with actual water in our faces.
*baby screams louder*
Moral of the story............
I've always been and always will be an out in the community mom.
So this summer has been no different. We've been out a lot and have done a lot of fun things.
Grace has loved it and has thanked us for the fun experiences too.
She is a very grateful girl, which is so sweet. I love when she spontaneously thanks us for things with zero prompting from us. Gratitude is one of the best qualities to have, in my opinion.
Something else cute that Grace has been doing lately is she says "But I LOVE it!!"
If we ask her to share something with Hunter she'll say "But I LOVE it!"
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Or if we say we are getting ready to leave or need to be done doing something soon she will say "BUT I LOVE IIIIIT!!".
She's about as passionate as they come.
You will be lucky to find another little girl who is less devoted and obsessed with the things that she loves.
Here are some of the things she loves and some of the adventures we've been up to this summer............
Razor rides with cousins!
Hiding in the cupboard at the cabin
Crafts with cousins
Hunter is the king of this slide! He LOVES it. He climbs up and down about 50 times a day. He has recently learned how to turn around and go down the slide on his tummy which he is VERY proud of. He makes sure everyone in the room sees him when he does this. He is the biggest sweetheart. My heart explodes with love just thinking about him.
Seaquest Aquarium! Grace is in love with this place. Good thing we have an annual membership! Her favorite animal is fish, so she loves going there and seeing all the fish. They have a bird room where you can go sit and let parakeets fly all over you. Grace takes a long time to warm up to them being on her each time, but Hunter was ALL about it. He was grabbing at the birds left and right. They kept pecking his hand cause he was being a little crazy with them. He didn't even flinch when they would peck. This kid is the complete opposite of his sister.
Grandma helping Grace be brave. My mom and Jeff are really good at getting Grace to do stuff. They always seem to be the best at getting her to try new things. Usually if I try it's a cry fest.
Grace's favorite animals at the aquarium are the sting rays. She proudly told me that they are the best. :)
My Mr. Boy lookin cute <3 nbsp="" p="">
3>


3>
We took our nephews who are in town from Virginia mini golfing the other day. Grace had never been before and thought it was super cool. She did pretty well too! I was surprised. This picture is her cheating a little bit, which may in reality be what her experience was like. Ha ha
Grace is hilarious when people come to our house to play. She turns on a boss/teacher voice and instructs everyone what they should be doing. She is generally pretty nice about everything, she just likes feeling like she's in charge. She likes knowing that this is her turf and she can explain to everyone how things are here. This was the other day when some cousins came to play!
Roy Days carnival! Just a little Disneyland (or maybe Lagoon?) prep! (Disneyland is only 2 months away! WHAT!?)
So much happiness in a piece of fruit!
Sure we'll pay $2 for the fish pond, I hope we get something cool! (P.S. Just in case you were wondering, it wasn't cool, ha ha)
:)
We spend a lot of time at splash pads!
In her defense....she can't read yet.
My big three year old!
Softball games for Daddy!
Grace has told me that her favorite thing to do with Jeff is watch movies. I think she just likes cuddling with him and being close to him since he's gone at work all day. She loves her daddy.
Grace's birthday!
Just some hot yoga in the backyard! No shirt required.
We said goodbye to our lovely old car this summer. 8 good years with this car! It helped me get through college, dating and marrying Jeff, towing kids from my job to and from activities, bringing home a baby girl from the hospital, taking said baby girl around town for the first two years of her life....it was a good car! The dang check engine light never ceased (even when nothing was wrong) and the air conditioner only worked at full blast.....but hey.....it was a good car! RIP Alero.
Did I mention we're always at the splash pad?
4th of July! First time with a sparkler.
Aaaaaaaaaand she almost set herself on fire. Parents of the Year Award goes to us.
This was right at our campground when we went camping this year. Sooo pretty!
The kids had so much fun playing by the river.
Chillin in the hammock
Every time is selfie time!
<3 p="">
3>
3>
Trying to find bugs to catch!
My children were very dirty while camping.
Ha ha ha ha, I love the comparison with their much cleaner cousin.
My sister came to town for a week! Everyone loves her!
She's pretty dang awesome! I'm envious of her cool life.
Grace saw that I got a pedicure and wanted one too. She always wants to do things just like me.
It surprises me sometimes how much she tries to copy me. She mimics things that I say and the way I handle situations. She is definitely always watching me. I have a lot to live up to! She's always pushing me to be a better mom and person in general.


We went to the trout farm for a ward activity. Grace was SO happy feeding the fish. She would have stayed there for hours if we had let her.
This is just an extra thing that is funny, which I wanted to add. This is from my job. Have I ever said how I love my job? Oh just a million times, okay.
Well, I LOVE MY JOB!
It's so much fun. AND it allows me to stay home and be able to have all these adventures with my family. I absolutely love it.
Anyways, these pictures are from a conversation in the chatbox from a class I taught. The children that I teach can see that I've logged in to the classroom, because my name will pop up. I don't turn my camera on till class is supposed to begin, but sometimes with them being children they just don't really understand timing and they freak out if you don't start class as soon as you are there. Ha ha ha.
I logged in to this class and then left the room for a minute to go grab something. I think I had like 4 minutes till class was supposed to begin.
I came back and my student had written dozens of lines in the chatbox, including these messages, ha ha ha ha ha.
He finally just started typing 1 over and over, 2 over and over, 3....4.....5.....
Then as you can see I told him class would start soon and his little "ok!" at the end is just so cute.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
I adore my students. They are so sweet and kind. They are the most respectful children I have ever taught. I am in love with the Chinese culture. I love learning more about them every day.
So that's a glimpse of our summer so far. I am grateful for a husband that works so hard for us so we can do fun things. He is always willing to sacrifice for us. He makes our life good! I love going and having these adventures with him and our babies.




















































No comments:
Post a Comment