I have been so emotional about my baby turning one.
Ahh!
I know you see that a lot with moms. Moms are good at being emotional about pretty much everything.
This feels different though.
A lot of times I'll overreact and get emotional about very trivial things.
Even with some bigger things that go on in our lives I wonder why I get so worked up.
I think the combination of me struggling through being pregnant with him....keeping him safe and worrying so much....plus him being born so tiny and sick....
It's just been a long time coming getting to this point.
And now I look at my hilarious one year old and think about how precious his little life is. How much I fought for his life before he was here and helping him be healthy after his birth.
It's just coming to some grand climax in my head and I'm just genuinely emotional about it.
He has brought so much joy into our lives. We laugh because of him all day long.
He is a bright beam of sunshine.
I wanted to share his monthly photos all together to get a good comparison. I love looking at them in order.
Such pure happiness!
We had fun at his birthday party on Friday. He was the center of attention and clearly did not want that title. My mom and I were laughing so much by how freaked out he was to be in the spotlight. All of his cousins were fawning over him and surrounding him during several parts of the party. He just froze up and didn't know what to do. He did not know how to respond to all of the attention.
He loved his cake! Ha ha ha ha. At first he was just kind of feeling the frosting with his fingers (or as my nephew said...."he's massaging the cake!"), but he eventually started eating it. He got it ALL over himself....including his eyes. He was a little tired toward the end and started rubbing his eyes which meant he rubbed tons of frosting in his eyes. It was a little dramatic for a minute as we had to take him in and hose him off in the shower.
I loved these cakes! They were exactly what I wanted.
Massaging
![]() |

Right before he started rubbing his eyes, ha ha. He was so messy!
He was both excited and confused about his presents. He did not know why they were all stuck in packages. He wanted them all out!
I did a Cars themed party for him. Jeff always says I do things too elaborately.....but hey....it's fun for me so why not do it?? This party was actually much more low key than I usually do. :)
These are some extra pictures from his 12 month photo shoot. He's so cute. I love how each of them show his personality.
Birthday breakfast!
I've been looking at pictures from his first year and these are some that stick out to me. He's grown so much! I'm proud of everything he has accomplished.
The day after he was born :) 2 IVs, feeding tube, oxygen, heart rate monitor.

I wish I could go back in time to this day and show myself how perfectly healthy he would be a year later. I want to relive one of these days with a little less anxiety. How seriously precious is he though? I love that little oxygen nose.

His blessing day
He and Grace have the SWEETEST relationship. They adore each other with such an unconditional love.









































No comments:
Post a Comment