Thursday, April 12, 2018

Boy!

We're having a boy!

Jeff and I have had a feeling it was a boy, but it's nice to officially know.

It's been interesting, because this has been the first pregnancy that I haven't had a super clear impression from the beginning of what the baby is. I knew from the moment I got a positive pregnancy test that Grace was a girl. I knew from the very early weeks of Hunter's pregnancy that he was a boy. Mother's intuition, I guess. I don't know what it was....I just knew with them.

This pregnancy it wasn't as clear to me. I have flip flopped back and forth a lot, but the majority of the feelings have been boy....

This is actually the first baby/pregnancy that Jeff has had a strong feeling on the gender. Maybe his strong feeling overtook the feeling I usually get and that's why I didn't feel as strongly as I usually do. He has always thought it was a boy, and has referred to him as a "he" the whole time. It's kinda cool that he was able to get that feeling!

Introducing our baby.... (or just his hand, ha ha)

Waving his sign of peace to the world


He's for sure a boy! He wasn't shy to show us that.

It was funny, cause when the ultrasound started he was pulling his feet above his head in the funniest gymnastics pose. He was all over the place!

It was cute watching him scratch his head and hide his face. He kept pulling his feet to his face or what looked like his mouth. Sucking on his toes, maybe? Who knows what babies do in the womb?

We are very excited it's a boy.

I am happy that Hunter will have a best friend brother so close to his age. It will be fun watching them grow up together.

Jeff is happy he'll have another boy to bond over sports with. Ha ha ha ha

Not that he can't do that with Grace, but Grace has not shown as much passion or promise for sports as Hunter already has. Hunter would rather sit down and watch a Jazz game than a cartoon. No joke!

Grace is all about My Little Pony, ha ha ha.

The appointment today was good for me. I haven't really had a decent ultrasound this pregnancy, so I haven't been able to visualize what's really going on. When the tech first started the ultrasound my first thought was: "Whoa! There is a lot of baby in there!" Ha ha ha ha ha.

It was really nice listening to the heartbeat and seeing everything there, looking good. I don't know a ton about what things are supposed to look like, but having three babies now, we have done these ultrasounds a couple times and know what is good.

Our ultrasound tech was super nice and gave us a TON of pictures! Including 3D pictures, which we have never had done before. Whenever I have seen people share their 3D ultrasound pictures I've kind of thought.... okay, it just looks like an alien, cool, ha ha ha.

Seeing your own child that way though is so sweet! I've been staring at his little face all day.


Baby face! 

Showing off his muscles! Ha ha

Sooo sweet

The doctor at this appointment made me feel good about my situation.

Being diabetic and pregnant comes with A LOT of worry. You just always have people telling you what could go wrong.

Lots of people warning you what different things could be your fault if you're not careful. I have had doctor after doctor and nurse after nurse question me about my diabetes. It seems never ending.

I was telling this to my sister in laws the other day, that I just hate having to answer to people.

I already have enough pressure to be healthy and maintain good blood sugars, not just for me, but for the baby.

Going to appointment after appointment and having doctors question me is just exhausting.

So today, at this appointment it was refreshing to have a doctor tell me that I am doing really well.

The doctors at maternal fetal medicine (where they do the 20 week ultrasound) are high risk doctors. They only deal with scary situations.... whether that is something like a pre-existing illness or multiple pregnancy like twins and triplets.

To hear her say that I am the healthiest pregnant diabetic that she has seen made me want to cry.

She told me that I am doing an excellent job and have no greater risk for anything than a normal, healthy woman.

I told her that I appreciated that a lot, because of how hard it is day after day. She reassured me that she is there to be a cheerleader for me and told me not to worry.

I'm grateful for good doctors like her.



When Hunter was about 6 months old I started having dreams about this baby. They freaked me out, because I was NO where near wanting to have another baby yet. They were very clear dreams though....

This baby wanted to join our family. 

I think I had those dreams then, because I needed to start getting ready for him to come. Even though that was a year ago, the preparation started then. 

I know that he will be a great addition to our family, because I've been feeling that way for so long. I know he is coming at the right time! 

As I've taken my kids to my appointments I've had several people ask me how old they are. I laugh whenever I say "3 1/2 and 1 1/2....they'll be 4 and 2 when the baby is born." :) They are all so little! It makes me happy though. I am happy they will be close in age and will be friends. 

I know that this little baby boy is meant to be in our family! We are excited to have another boy. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment