Tuesday, November 5, 2019

What I Loved About Halloween This Year

Halloween this year was super fun! Having multiple kids that are really into the holidays just amps up the excitement. My kids love celebrating things.... possibly because their mom is the queen of all things celebration.

We love holidays.





And pumpkins, apparently!

We went to quite a few carnivals, pumpkin patches, and parties during the month of October. Some were in the community. Some were school related. You better believe they were all free or nearly free, because that's how I roll. Ha ha ha ha


 









What I loved about Halloween this year, was what my kids decided to dress as.

Grace was Jasmine...


And Hunter was Captain America.


They picked both of these characters, because they are a favorite character from movies they have seen. What makes MY heart happy is that they both chose characters who are strong, brave, and good people.

Well, as far as their personalities from the films go. :)

Grace has adored Jasmine since we saw the live action Aladdin. She wants to be like her. She LOVES the new song that Jasmine sings, "Speechless", from the new movie. She can belt it out, word for word. It makes me happy to see her look up to a person, even though she is fictional, with such moral character.



The same goes for Hunter with Captain America.

Captain America is a good guy! He's honest and does what is right. I have always liked that Hunter has gravitated towards him and emulates him.


Yes, I realize these people are not real.

They are fictional, made up, completely not part of reality.

I still like that my kids chose to be them though.

I am aware that my kids will not always pick stalwart and wonderful role models to be for Halloween.

They will likely pick silly or creepy or weird costumes from here on out. They already have big plans to have the whole family be Nightmare Before Christmas characters next year. Ha ha ha ha. (I am sure that won't actually happen, since we still have 11 3/4 months till that time. :) But still!)

I just wanted to document this sweet memory of them choosing these characters.

It was a fun month of dressing as Jasmine and Captain America!


No comments:

Post a Comment