Friday, November 8, 2019

Third Child Update

Third child problems.....

I was stellar at documenting all of Grace's developmental milestones when she was Logan's age. I had a running list of her accomplishments. Physical, emotional, verbal, cognitive, social accomplishments.

With Logan it's like... "oh wow, good job, buddy!" *file it in the back of my misplaced mom brain*

Does that mean I love him any less??

No way, Jose!

Who is Jose?

Whoever he is, he probably has low self esteem, cause everyone is always telling him 'no way'.

I digress...

It just means that I have far less time on my hands than I did five years ago.

Logan Boy.


If you follow me on Facebook and Instagram you know that Logan is a crazy baby.

He climbs.

He for sure gets in to every little, tiny, small thing that you do NOT want him in to.

I've had two other babies before, but this is next level when it comes to baby proofing.

We constantly have to have both bathroom doors shut. We also shut the laundry room door and mine and Jeff's bedroom door, because of the destruction that happens. 75% of the time we shut Grace and Hunters room, because Logan can and WILL climb the bunk bed.

So many doors that need to stay shut!

Grace and Hunter know this needs to happen too. Especially Hunter will police the doors. "No Logan! Noooo!!! *shuts door* Whew, got it, Mom."

If Logan sees ANY or all of these rooms open he will make a mad dash to get to them.

Believe me, this happened BEFORE we started closing the doors on him. So now if he ever sees his chance he takes it even quicker.

I have never had to wash a toilet watered baby off until him.

One of his favorite games is "find the cups full of water that Mom and Dad mistakenly left out". He is 10/10 with this game. He is 100%.

He is fast and furious! He thinks he's HILARIOUS!

We don't even question why our floor is wet anymore.

Nothing is safe.

He has ended up being right in between Grace and Hunter with physical development.

They were all pretty even when it came to rolling, scooting, crawling, pulling themselves to stand, cruising, etc.

But then.....

Hunter plateaued and thought..... "Walking? Why would I do that?"

It wasn't till the day I called Early Intervention when he was nearly 17 months old that he started to walk. He must have heard the phone call. The punk.

Grace walked at 12 months. The week before her birthday. Happy as a clam.

Logan has been exactly in the middle. He will be 15 months old in two days and he is fully walking.

For the past month he has been doing a combo. He COULD walk, but crawling was just so much faster!

Earlier this week he just up and walked the entire day. It made me laugh how drastic of a difference it was. He is SO proud of himself when he walks. He smiles from ear to ear each time he toddles around. I love it.

He is a sweet, sweet boy. Even if he is a menace a lot of time. He definitely has everyone wrapped around his fingers. We all Oooo and awww over him constantly.


Something else with his physical development, and I guess social too, is the fact that he absolutely 100% refuses to sit in a highchair.

He HAAAAATES it.

He's hated it for about 2-3 months, actually.

I fought and fought and fought every day, three times a day for months.

I made him sit: buckled, unbuckled because the buckle didn't hold him down, I stood right next to him and helped him eat.....

A huge fight each and every time.

I had this large worrisome cloud hanging over me, because some days he was hardly eating anything. He hated the place where he was supposed to eat, therefore he wouldn't eat.

I had him sit on my lap to eat a lot, because he NEEDED to eat, dang it. He also ate standing on the ground or on the floor, because I literally could not get him in his chair.

Stubborn kid.


Finally one day, a week or so ago, Jeff or I... I honestly can't remember who... let him sit on a big chair at our table.

He was OVERJOYED. Seriously, the joy was spraying from him like a fire hose. You have never seen a happier human.

He ate like a champ. He ate so much! Each and every time we have let him be at the big table he has eaten wonderfully.

He gets this look on his face while he's eating... he'll be looking around at Grace and Hunter and will copy their every move. He wants to be just like them. He wanted a big kid chair.

He now expects to sit at the table. If he sees that I am getting food ready he will walk over to the chair that he likes and will start pulling it out for himself.

Ahhhh...

The thing is, he's really not big enough for a big kid chair. He can't really reach his food while kneeling on the chair. He has to stand to eat. I need to figure out the least threatening booster in the world, so he can sit on something.

He hates confinement. High chairs, boosters, car seats, being held if he wants to explore....

So I need to figure out a non-confining seat to help him sit at his big boy chair.

Strollers seem to be okay as long as we are moving fast!

He has started mimicking more and more words.

I am almost positive that he signed "milk" yesterday. The kid loves his milk!

He understands so much.

Words he says on his own:

-Mama
-Dada
-Baba (his milk/sippy cup)
-Rawr (lion, tiger, bear, dangerous animal sound)


Words he mimicks well:

-Hunter (definitely doesn't sound like "Hunter", ha ha)
-Grandma
-Woof woof
-Dog
-He has done several others, but these are ones that he does frequently or makes a sound that actually sounds like the word


Words he understands (this list is incomplete, because like I said, he is understanding so much):

-Blanket
-Night night
-Nap
-Car
-Go
-Pups (Paw Patrol)
-Get Grace/Hunter/Dad
-Hug
-Kiss
-Bye bye
-Hi/Hello
-Jesus
-Temple
-Book
-Bath
-Eat
-Sit down
-No
-Yes
-Diaper


He loves everything Hunter loves. Yesterday he was carrying around Hunter's Captain America shield for about twenty minutes. He loves finding Hunter's dress ups and putting them on. He loves all the cars and Paw Patrol toys. It makes him happy when Hunter will zoom around and play Paw Patrols with him.



When Jeff is home he goes into total "I only want Dad" mode. He loves sitting and relaxing with Jeff. They like watching sports together. He reaches for Jeff constantly if he can see him. He loves his daddy.


He likes listening to Grace. He will just sit and watch her talk. He gets really excited when she shows him books and reads to him.


He has two modes with me.... he is either completely happy to be off on his own playing or MUST be on me no matter what. His needy times usually surround hunger, tiredness, and will sometimes be that he just hasn't been with me for a good ten minutes, ha ha ha. He is both extremely independent and very dependent depending on the time of day. This is a direct split between his siblings as well. Ha ha ha ha


Logan is an observer, super friendly boy, a stunt performer, a sidekick, a follower, our tag along guy, and a happy-as-long-as-I-have-my-way baby.

We love him more than we could ever say.








 







No comments:

Post a Comment