Sunday, April 11, 2010

Goals - Unrealistic, semi-realistic and everything in between!

I said in my first post that I'm not good at completing goals, which is true. But I have discovered something to be true about life that I can only adequately explain with this quote:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon

Sometimes our goals don't happen because they just aren't supposed to. I consider the roadblocks in my life to all be in God's timing.

I've realized over the past couple of years that although we might find God's timing difficult and annoying, He's really just trying to show us the bigger picture and how much better life is going to be if we wait for stuff! Because of this....goals aren't accomplished sometimes and new ones are made.

For the record, the list you are about to read wasn't just randomly crafted in my head impromtu like...I've actually told myself I've wanted to do these things for quite some time, ha ha.

List of Reasonable Activities that May or May Not Happen in My Lifespan (not completed to all of my true aspirations):

(the first couple are what you would expect any girl to say)
-Get married in the temple.
-Have 3-6 children!
-Visit the British Isles with Sarah and Charlotte. I want to go to England with someone who knows it all already! Or at least can pretend to know it all...
-Serve a mission....whether that's now-ish or later-ish it doesn't really matter.
-Eat every item on the menu at Zupas. I'm obviously not planning on accomplishing this all in one day.
-Play with or at least touch a penguin.
-Continue going to the temple as often as I do.
-Actually go inside the Washington D.C. Temple.
-Go to Africa. Since it's a country. I used to have a couple of specific African countries that I'd like to visit (Morocco, Egypt, Uganda, Ghana etc.), but right now I'd take any of it! I just want to touch Africa!
-Visit every temple in Utah and do temple work there. I've done this in 10 of the 15 so far. I miss the St. George Temple...
-Ride a horse bareback.
-Live in Virginia. At least for a short amount of time just to say that I did and so I can say things like : "Back in Virginia..."
-Get a masters degree.
-Make a quilt!
-Have hardwood floors in my future home.
-Break a bone or do SOMETHING that means I need to wear a cast for at least 3 weeks. (I may regret saying this if it really happens)
-Visit Machu Pichu.
-Read the entire Old Testament.
-Climb a mountain *cue music*
-Find a good enough version of You Raise Me Up for the harp and perform it for millions (or just my children).
-Never get a perm.
-Live in a red brick house.
-Start a fire (like a camp fire....not a forest fire!) without any gasoline or matches or a lighter, ha ha!
-Get into the habit of having fresh flowers at least once a month in my house. (probably mostly during spring and summer...) (Some of my goals are kind of vague, ha ha.)
-Grow a pumpkin!
-Marry a man that will go to the temple with me every week.
-Have at least one movie type epic first kiss. First kisses are awkward usually.....
-Own a red truck.
-Get blue streaks in my hair. (I wish this could last more than a couple of weeks...but I don't think they let blue haired people into the temple.)
-Never go fake baking........eek.
-Plant a boxwood and craft it into a hedge.
-Marry a man that will let me stay at home with my children till my youngest is at least in 1st grade. I would love to go back to work after that. I'm far too ADD of a person to stay at home alone all day.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment