I hear that phrase a lot! Ha ha ha!
It seems like their are people in my life (my coworkers) who are just waiting for me to have kids so they can be like...."ha! Don't have as much stamana with kids anymore do ya?"
I'm constantly around kids, it seems. But that's ok with me cause I love them!
From my church calling...which is in the primary, to my major which requires me to be around/analyze/teach/take care of children......my family, meaning my adorable nieces and nephews and most definitely my work where it's all about kids. I love kids!
And ya know what.............as prideful and stuck up as this sounds.....kids love me. Ha ha ha!
No really, they do. My coworkers hate it too. I have one coworker who is constantly saying the "you'll understand when you're a mom" or "maybe they don't like me as much cause I'm a mom so I'm just worn out".
I do realize that when I am a mom it will be different because I'll constantly be around my kids and that will give them 10,000 X more chances to annoy me or push me to my limits, but I have a hard time imagining myself being as snappy and unhappy with children as I see that some women are.
I think one of the main reasons, if not the only reason, kids like me so much is because I pay attention to them. Ha ha! My coworkers will be in total adult la la land and I'll just look at one of my little autistic boys and smile and next to all of them will run over to me/hug me/start playing with me. I love autistic kids so much!
We have two Shawn/Sean's in our class and they are just freakin adorable, I can't stand it most days! Autistic kids have a hard time socially so it's just funny to watch their body language. Everyday Shawn walks off the bus and come over to me. He doesn't say anything....and just leans into me (doesn't hug me...just leans) but it's a dramatic enough lean that it's pretty much shouting at me "HUG ME PLEASE! And don't stop till I say so!"
It was super cute today though cause he came over....and leaned....and then grabbed my hand and started squeezing it really gently kind of like "I hope you're not noticing that I'm trying to hold your hand" kind of way.
Ha ha! I just love them. Close to all of the kids in my class are non-verbal which means they talk with pictures a lot. However, the Shawn/Sean's are the most verbal and repeat a lot of things. Both of them today were practicing how to say "Teacher Amber" which for a kid in their situation.....those are very hard words to say!
k, now I'll get off sounding like everybody loves me.
{sidenote: we have some kids who are potty training in my class and it kind of makes me not look forward to that part of mothering at all!}
Well, in other news, the semester is over!! :)
It was a quick one for me. I took eighteen credits so I was constantly busy, but I loved it. For some reason it's easier for me to take eighteen credits then it is to only take twelve.
I think the reasoning behind that is if I have six classes I freak out a lot more. Freak out equals efficency, apparently? Whereas if I only take four classes I'm like....oh yeah, whatever, I'll get to that homework....later. Then later equals never.
Well, that's pretty much all that's going on here. Jeff's my hero! He works so hard at his job that's basically full time (35 hours). I don't remember if I ever blogged about his new (ish) job. He works at Goldenwest Credit Union at their corporate office! He pretty much does whatever the executives tell him to do. It's a pretty important job!
I hate to sound like a cheesy person all the time, but I really am very proud of him. He's going to be a great businessman someday and he already has his foot in lots of doors I feel like. I love him a lot and I'm grateful that he makes supporting us his number one priority.
Well, I guess one more semester down, five more to go! It seems like a lot when you say it that way, but really it's going by super fast!
thank you for updating. :)
ReplyDeletetotes know what you mean with 5 more semesters. i'm lucky if that's all i have. but i feel like you are a lot farther in school than i am. Also, Ms. Child Whisperer. Please come to my apartment and make the children upstairs behave. because they are always throwing tantrums and screaming and stuff. and it makes me not like them.