Usually...... I wake up in the morning like I did today having a glorious thought like... "Oh my goodness, it's the last day of the year! Next year is going to be so great! So many goals, so many dreams....so much wonderment!"
So then I gear up to make a Facebook status about it....because I'm very original.... and log on to find out that everybody else has already stolen my status.
..............which then makes me retreat to my blog where I can beeeee whoever I want to beeeee. (Sorry, Les Mis is on the brain cause everybody and their dog posted about that on Facebook too)
I can't tell you how many times I've logged on to Facebook and everybody has stolen my status. It's like I'm living in a mainstream society and thinking similar thoughts to events that everyone else is experiencing with me?? Or something. Whatever. I don't like it.
I wish my thoughts were original.
Nonetheless, I am super excited for the new year! Yay!! So many fun things are going to happen.....
I'm GRADUATING.
I'll have been married for two years!
Jeff's graduating too! Just not at the cool time (spring) like all the cool kids (me) do. I always thought it would be awful to graduate in the summer or winter. I feel like the glory of graduating is much greater in the spring. (............that's not really true, but in my head... I'm going to say it is.)
Anyways, this year has been good to us. I'm neverendingly (not a real word) grateful for the opportunity I have to go to school. Also, for a husband who works his freakin tail off for us.
I'm grateful for the place that we live. It's in such a convenient spot, in a nice neighborhood. Last night our landlord came over and gave us a late Christmas present. She is a hilarious old lady. We've only met her a couple times (other than Jeff's long conversations about life with her on the phone), but she's so nice. Along with our present she gave us a hundred dollars for finding people to live here. At first she couldn't find the envelope with the money though and it was so funny! She was freaking out, kept apologizing, and just made Jeff and I laugh pretty hard. I love old ladies.
She reminded me a lot of my grandma in that moment. My grandma was always worried when little things like that would go wrong. I love my grandma. I missed her a lot this holiday season.
I've had the past couple weeks off from work (one of the perks of working at a school), which means I've had lots of time to do..........really nothing...........but I've found some useful things that needed to be done. I spent a whole day deep cleaning our apartment and I was seriously amazed at how much junk we had. I ended up taking two big garbage bags of clothes, a TV, and two bags of random items we didn't need anymore to the DI. It felt really good to get it out of our apartment, but it felt even better giving it away for free.
When I dropped it all off at the DI I had this huge surge of gratitude towards the Church and everything that they do humanitarian wise. Granted, people that go to the DI have to buy the stuff they get, but I know that some of the stuff I gave has the possibility of going somewhere around the world where the people will get it for free. And even if nothing I gave ends up that way, it still made me grateful for how much service the Church does give to people around the world. I love the Church.
Well, on to the new year, I guess. We had a great Christmas full of getting way too spoiled from all three sets of our parents. They all gave us perfect, thoughtful things. I'm so grateful to have parents who love me and want to make me happy even now that I live away from them and don't see them as much as I want to or should.
On the positive side, I am going to see Breaking Dawn right now with my mom and sister! Ha ha. Don't judge me. I'm just curious to see how it is. I kind of hated part 1 so I don't have very high expectations for this one.
Well, I better go get ready. School starts next Monday! Yay! And AHH! I'm so excited, but so nervous. Bah. ....... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment