Conversation I just had with my husband:
Jeff *looking at the computer screen*: "Who is that?"
Me *on facebook*: "Oh....well, it's my old boyfriend's best friend's sister."
Jeff: "Your what???"
Me: "My old boyfriend's best friend's sister."
Jeff: "How did you get there?? That must mean you were looking at your old boyfriend!!"
Me: "Well, originally....yes. Then I found another person I used to know....then another person from there....and I just keep going..."
Jeff: "k, but wait, you were Facebook stalking your old boyfriend.....I don't Facebook stalk MY ex-girlfriend!"
Me: "No, YOU don't. But I do!"
Facebook stalking.
I don't keep up on people from my old life ("old life"....???) very much, but when I do look them up it's kind of funny to see what is happening in their lives. Most of my ex-boyfriends are married now. One of them has a baby! Half of them I'm actually friends with on Facebook though so it's not too creepy that I know these things, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
I generally don't live in the past. Actually, I next to never think about the past. I'm very much a future kind of girl. I'm always thinking about things a year in advance. It's kind of a problem. But ya know, whatever, I can't change my brain. At least not very easily.
Anyways, onto other more important, logical things!
Student teaching has been going great! It's definitely changing everything
I've ever thought about teaching. Having worked with kids for five years I
THOUGHT I knew a lot about teaching. I was very wrong! Student teaching is the
refiner's fire, I've decided. I love working with the supervising teacher I was
assigned to. She teaches me new things everyday! I love the way she teaches.
Well, I need to get off of Facebook and do some homework.
Saturday night.........doing homework. My life is so exciting!
Jeff was gone all day studying and taking two tests. (which he totally aced,
nbd) Have I ever mentioned how great he is? Oh yeah................like every
time I post, huh?
Well, he really is.
We always have people telling us that we are crazy that we work and go to
school (especially Jeff for working full-time). He's awesome though and gets
A's and B's all the while. I'm very grateful for him.
I guess I will leave you with a cute quote I found about children. Kids are
the best! I love this apostle too.... :)
"We must be so careful in speaking to a child.
What we say or don't say, how we say it and when is so very, very important in
shaping a child's view of himself or herself. But it is even more important in
shaping that child's faith in us and their faith in God."
- Jeffrey R. Holland
No comments:
Post a Comment