Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Top 1

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had 2 minutes before my first class this morning where I made a list of the top 10 things I'm thankful for.

I decided to write them down in those quick couple minutes, because I knew they would truly be what I'm most thankful for since they had to come to my mind quickly.

My list looks similar to what most people would say, I think.

10. My house

My house is a safe place for me. It's a haven for me and my family. Our whole lives happen here. I get to watch my babies grow in this space. We have everything we need and want.

9. My health

Being a diabetic, it is important for me to focus on my health. I could let my health slip very quickly if I didn't care. But I do care! I am thankful to be in such good health.

8. My job

I am thankful to make money everyday doing something I love. I am thankful for my students and the bonds I share there. Working in a field you are passionate about is important if you want to be happy. I really believe that.

7. My faith

We owe so much to our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. Without them I would not have the blessings that I do. With them I have all the good in my life. I am forever thankful for the Atonement of Christ that helps me in numerous ways through my life.

6. My friends

I have so many good, genuine, real friends. Several of them live right in my neighborhood. They help me with my kids. They help me feel like I'm not alone in motherhood. They give me that great gift of friendship. I also have friends, who I love, that don't live near me. I am thankful for technology that connects us!

5. My family, especially my mom

I love all of my family. My siblings, Jeff's siblings, our nieces and nephews, our parents. I am lucky that they are all my FRIENDS and not just family. I am lucky to have good relationships with all of our families. Our siblings are the people we hang out with. They give us so much support. I can count on any of them, any time.

My mom truly is my best friend. There isn't a day that goes by that we haven't talked at least 10 times. We share the same brain. She knows me! She gets me! She tells me I'm crazy! She tells me I'm definitely not crazy. I am thankful for my mom.

4. Logan

Self explanatory. Who wouldn't be thankful for that sweetheart of a baby. He's so easy going and kind to me. He gives the best smiles and snuggles. I love him.

3. Hunter

Hunter is my comic relief. He's always willing to give me a hug. He has the best cackle of a laugh you'll ever hear. I am thankful he picked me to be his mom.

2. Grace

Grace certainly challenges me in lots of ways, which I should be thankful for. She helps me grow. She keeps me thinking and learning. She loves me unconditionally and lets me know it often. She looks up to me, which makes me feel like I have gigantic shoes to fill. I am thankful for my Gracie Goo.

1. Jeff

Last, but certainly not least...

My partner!

I am so thankful for Jeff.

He puts up with a lot being attached to me. He has to maneuver through whatever is going on with my day and gives me support no matter what. I know I can talk to him about anything and he'll listen.

Since I went back to work he's been taking on the responsibility of getting up with the kids in the middle of the night. There have been a handful of nights where both boys have been up several times and he's taken care of all of it.

He always comes home from work with a smile on his face and hugs everyone no matter what. He swoops in and takes care of the kids in the evening, because he knows I'm tired.

I am thankful for how much he loves me. Because of him I have a very blessed life!

He is, and always will be, my top 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment