Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Blessings of Heaven

I feel like I only ever blog about spiritual stuff or guy/boy/men problem stuff.

Wellllll, good news!!!

This post won't be any different.

I know you were hoping I'd say that!

I've had such an awesome day! I was able to go sing down at the Conference Center with a young single adult choir from a bunch of our cute singles wards in Layton and Kaysville for our Regional Conference.

President Eyring, Sister Beck, Elder Hales, and Elder Rasband all spoke.

They were all amazing talks too....all full of wonderful things that I needed to hear.

I'm fairly certain it was Elder Rasband that came down to SUU and spoke one time at a fireside for us. He talked about the temple (which is ironic because today he talked about the temple also) and it kind of changed my life to be quite honest. You know those talks that kinda shake up your world and make you sit back and re-examine your testimony and stuff? Well, Elder Rasband always does that with me and the temple apparently!

When I was down at SUU I would go to St. George (sniffle....) and I was kind of being high and mighty at the time because well...I went to the temple every week and I kept thinking to myself...."good heck there are so many good members of the Church that have their priorities wrong because they never go to the temple etc. etc. etc." I was being completely vain and had the wrong attitude.

THEN, that fireside with Elder Rasband happened and he spoke about the temple with such sincerity and hope and reverence. He spoke in a way that motivated us to go more often and yet to just do the best we could. It really humbled me to be honest.

Temple attendance is a personal decision. I definitely learned that that day.

Today when he spoke about the temple it was awesome too! If you read my post from yesterday (was it yesterday?) I mentioned that I want to go to the temple more often....hopefully twice a week...and guess what Elder Rasband said today? (ha ha ha ha) He said that we should "double our efforts in going to the temple". I was kinda like......whoa....that's ironic!

Rather than calling it ironic, I look at it as a clear sign that it's a righteous goal to have and I should actually do it now instead of just being like..."uh, well maybe....if I like...stop sleeping in or something..."

God sends us signs just at the right times in life. Such a beautiful thing.

When I told my family on the way home that I wanted to "double my efforts" they were like...."I don't think he was talking about YOU, Amber."...(ha ha ha)...cause they know how often I go....but I honestly felt the spirit so much in the meeting and especially as he spoke about being more dedicated and going.

I might not always make it twice a week, but I can try at least, right? As long as the temple is on the mind...the actual physicality of being there is only a bonus.

Now, on a completely unrelated subject.......

When is my husband going to tell me that he should be my husband? Like seriously.......

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. This whole planning the future thing is horrific when you don't know concrete things like who you're going to marry and when.

Don't get me wrong....I'm 20 and if I don't get married till I'm 27, that's totally cool...and actually probably really cool cause it means I can be into my career and maybe have gone to India at that point!

But.......things just change so much and sometimes really fast. For all I know I could get married next year to someone that I haven't met yet! You just don't know.

The reason why I want to know when this whole marriage thing is going to happen is because of school. I'm hoping to go on a mission, but then....school.

I want to go into speech pathology....however....I'm gonna go to Utah State if that happens. What if my husband is at Weber? Or not Utah State? Or....AHHHH!

It's all in the plan, Amber. Things always work out.......*deep breaths*

Maybe I should triple my efforts in temple attendance.....it's very apparent that I need all the guidance I can get.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment