Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cats

Cats have such an easy life. I have three kittens at my house and they are like....the prince and princesses of our whole universe. They are spoiled to the tee, man. I actually have two of them sitting on my bed with me as we speak (or....as I type) and they are just....adorable. But, boy, do they have it easy!

Now, before you think my family is a crazy cat family....let me explain. We adopted Frodo from the sad little animal place by Dinosaur Park and we were content with only having one kitten. (they are all older cats....but I still call them kittens)

Then....Dave came into the picture. Dave is my step-dad/mother's husband/my good buddy and he brought with him two little girl kittens. So for the past almost two years we have had three insanely personable cats running around our house.

Both they and my dog (don't worry, we only have ONE dog) are CRAZY people animals. We'll be watching TV or just sitting in the living room or eating dinner or just...doing ANYTHING and all four animals will have to be there with us. They always have to be sitting on someone's lap and MUST be in on the action of the house at all times.

(so if you're ever lonely, just come over to my house.....the kittens will ease your loneliness, ha ha)

Anyways, the reason I'm talking about cats really has nothing to do with my cats! I mentioned that cats have it really easy....cause well, they do! They eat, meow, sleep, purr, get petted, sleep, drink, sleep, get petted, sleep, whine, get petted, meow, sleep...............

Not a lot changes.

Well, right now I kind of feel like a cat. Ha ha ha ha! (I'm so deep and metaphorical....people should pay me for these writings *cough*)

Not a lot is changing right now. I'm SO happy with life! I'm at a pretty good stage in school right now, the school district is my best friend cause they find it easy to just hand me four jobs when I didn't even do anything, I have wonderful best friends (who SO faithfully read my blog....creepers....) that support me when I'm cool, uncool, happy, sad, mad, glad, whatever.

The past 6 months or so have been hard for my family, but we have made it through it, stayed strong, but it'll be interesting to see what happens in the future. The future does look bright so that's always a plus.

I dunno......just so many things are going good in my life and life altering changes are far and few between as of late.

Which leads me to believe that things might change for me in the next while. Who knows....maybe not *shrugs*, but it always seems like when you're getting comfortable with something things change.

I know the reason for that though. The reason is God wants to teach us something. Right now I'm just mowing lawns part of the week, teaching art on the other days, and going to institute or ward activities every night. It's a good life!

I'm not saying Heavenly Father recognizes that I'm loving life and wants to DESTROY it! I'm saying that I have seen a pattern in my life that when I get comfortable with life.....it always changes. Not necessarily in a BAD way, just in....a way.

We'll see what happens. I may or may not be a cat for much longer.

Today in Relief Society we talked about mothers and we read the talk by M. Russell Ballard from last Conference about Mothers and Daughters. Loved it! It was really neat to see all the girls in my ward talk about their mothers and the wonderful influence they have been on them.

I got to talk about my mom for a little bit, but I can never really fully ever talk about my mom and all of the awesome things she has done for me. My mom is my best friend. And you know when you are in a relationship with a friend whom you call your best friend there is usually the smart friend and the friend that usually needs more help than the smart friend.

Well......I'm NOT the smart friend when it comes to my relationship with my mom. Ha ha ha! I'm probably not when it comes to my relationship with Sarah either. (Sarah.....she knows how strange I am. The End.)

My mom is so smart! She has helped me so much in my life. Literally everyday she has helped me with something. I hope my kid's think I'm as cool as her when I'm their mom. If not....I guess we'll be hanging out at Grandma's house a lot when I have babies.

I was thinking a lot about my mom yesterday as my brother got married. It must be hard seeing your oldest child get married. It was kind of hard for me to see him off getting married cause even though he's two years older than me.....I'm definitely the most parental child in my family. (they would all be laughing at me if any of my family were reading this right now.....ha ha ha ha ha)

It's hard to explain, I guess. I'm not REALLY like a parent, but since my parents are divorced and all that jazz, I've had to take on some parental roles over the past couple of years. I'll never be as influential as my mom has been for me or either of my siblings though.

Mothers are amazing! Especially mine. Everyone always says that they have the best mom.....and well....they are right. Everyone does have the BEST mom. For themselves. Fragment sentence.

I firmly believe that all of us were sent to the mothers that we were for a reason. The moms that we are given were designed that way for a purpose and for that.....everyone really does have the best mom!

I know that my mom is the best for me and I'll always be grateful to my Father in Heaven for sending me to her. :)

My mom has always helped me through changes in my life....so I know if I stop being a cat soon my mom will be right there experiencing my non-cat like life with me and will do so cheerfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment