Saturday, May 15, 2010

Voy al Templo! Arriba!

My foot is asleep.

I'm sure you wanted to know that.

Ha ha! I just got done mowing the lawn and it took me like....20 minutes! *flexes muscle* Oh yes. Profesh, I be. Ha ha ha ha. I'm kind of bummed that our weed wacker isn't working though. There are so many gloriously ugly weeds out there and need to be taken down! However, our weed wacker isn't as nice as the ones at work and kind of actually makes my legs bleed.....which in turn makes me wear long pants....which in turn turn makes summer less enjoyable.

Anyways, I went to the temple today with my sista and it was kind of sad cause we got there and Chels was like...."Oh crap....I forgot my recommend." So we sat there and were like.....well we could go home and come back, but that would take like an hour, so she was nice enough to wait in the waiting room for me while I went and did baptisms.

While I was there today I decided something. The temple gets better every single time I go. You can honestly never reach a spiritual peak and just idle there. Spirituality grows and grows forever! And boy, I still have lots of growing to do, but it's cool to recognize such things.

It was really cute....ha ha ha ha....there was a group of young-ish maybe like 20-23 year old girls there with their one guy friend and they just kind of let me join their group. I'm so used to going alone (that sounds ominious) that I get stuck with people I don't know more often than not. The people you meet at the temple are seriously the sweetest ever.

When we were in the room doing confirmations the first girl went up to get confirmed and the temple worker who was recording said to her..."Alright, so when they [meaning the priesthood holders] say 'amen' you say it too. And then you smile, k?" Ha ha ha ha ha! It made ME smile so much that he said that! I seriously had a permanant smile after that. Ha ha ha!!

A lot of the time proxies don't say amen after the priesthood holders do so I thought that was cute that he told her to. But it was even more cute that he said to smile. Ha ha ha ha!

I just know that if the people that we were doing the work for were actually THERE to do it for themselves they would be smiling ear to ear. Can you imagine that? People that have found the truth on the other side and have been waiting a long time for it? They would definitely be smiling. I'm going to smile for them everytime I go now.

Love temple workers. So inspired!

The main guy in charge of the baptistry recognized me from last week apparently (and I felt bad that I didn't remember him) so he kept coming over and being like "Sister Hunter blah blah..." "Sister Hunter will you do this name for me?" "Sister Hunter etc. etc." Ha ha ha! Why are temple workers so nice? I just love them.

But he had me do a family name baptism that someone forgot to do, I guess. Just one name. It makes me wonder if I knew her in the pre-existence or something. ;) Ha ha ha, maybe not.

It brings me so much joy doing temple work! I have an awesome missionary friend (who comes home in less than two months! Crazy!) and he helped me realize that doing temple work is like doing missionary work. It's bringing God's children back to Him. I just love that. I love my Savior and I know He loves all of us.

Going to the temple is SO important.

On a different note....but still kind of spiritual note....I guess....I got this quote in an email today and I was like...."I gotta post this!"

Although I've never had a problem with chastity and what not, it's still an amazing insight. I think too often people only like to read and find comfort in spiritual things that pertain directly to THEM. Like if I did have a problem with this sin it might HELP me overcome it....but I think too often people don't realize that being versed all things spiritual just makes you a better person overall. Even if you don't have a problem with said sin. Anyways, here is it! Sister Dalton is one of my heroes. Seriously!

"In Doctrine and Covenants section 25, the Lord counsels each of His beloved daughters, you and me, to 'walk in the paths of virtue'. You are not common. You are not ordinary. You are daughters of God. You carry within yourselves the sacred power to create life. It is one of God's greatest gifts to His precious daughters, and you must safeguard that power by living the standards and remaining virtuous. You must safeguard your power through purity of thought and action. By so doing, you, your family, and the generations that follow will be strengthened and blessed. President Brigham Young taught that 'the strength of Zion is in the virtue of her sons and daughters'. You must guard your own virtue and help others rise to the divinity that is within. In every sense, you are a guardian of virtue. President David O. McKay taught that 'a woman should be queen of her own body'. 'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?' (1 Corinthians 3:16). My question to each of you is, If we don't stand for virtue, who will?"

-Elaine S. Dalton

No comments:

Post a Comment