Monday, May 17, 2010

Maybe if I was taller....

This informacion (as we say en Espanol) is mostly for my future posterity that I'm writing this for..... I'm 5'2" and I'm pretty much never going to grow anymore. Just in case the title of this post made you curious.

However, that's not my problem. My problem is that so many people think I'm still in high school! *sigh* Why??

Even when I'm around little high school girls, older women STILL think I blend in and think I'm....one of them! Wha-hut?!!?

And it's strange because every time this happens and I complain to *insert name of family member or friend* they always say "oh, well, you'll be grateful to hear that when you're older."

What?!!?

No, I won't be! Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Who EVER wants to be mistaken for a high schooler? Who EVER......EVER....psh.....

Wow. Ha ha ha. I would love to be mistaken for a gorgeous young adult around the age of 22 or 23 for the rest of my life. That'd be dandy, but nope.... I'm not that lucky.

Plus, it's so awkward when ladies at work ask me if I'm still in high school. Um.....what? A. I'm here teaching 1st-3rd graders art....during the school day. During. Duuuuring it. B. The school district doesn't hire people under the age of 18. C. I honestly don't look that young. I STARE at my face everyday in the mirror....I'm not acne ridden and high schoolish.

No, I'm not bitter. This is not a post of malice.

Ok, maybe it kind of is.

It's also awkward when ladies/people ask you what grade you're in and you have to say...."Uh....oh....well, I go to Weber and I'm half way to my bachelors. Uh......."

Nuff said.

Maybe I need to learn to....do my make-up differently? Maybe I need new clothes??

I've actually been holding out on buying new clothes cause I'm going to the gym like mad and eating healthy so hopefully in a couple of months I'll be at a good point in life where I can be like....shopping spree! But....for now...no new clothes.

I don't THINK it's my hair. So many girls my age and older are growing their hair out cause it's the style now-a-days. Maybe older ladies think that looks immature.

Maybe I won't look like I'm in my 20's till I have 3 babies and I chop my hair off all mother-like.

Heaven forbid.

In the end, I know all of the people who have mistaken me for a junior in high school would be mortified if they knew I was saying things like this. Ha ha ha. That's why I'm glad they won't read this.

It all just makes me self conscious though. It makes me feel like if I really do look way young that guys aren't going to ask me out. Not that they do.....that might be the reason why they don't......awwww.... :(

Ha ha ha ha! My lovely friend and I talk about dating or the lack thereof a lot, and since we are on the lack thereof side we kind of talk about parallels with dating and spirituality.

One thing that we have talked about that I know to be true is I think the fact that I don't date a lot is just God's way of saving me from a lot of heart ache. If I did date a lot and got my hopes up too much that would just be.....miserable, I think.

I truly know that my Father in Heaven has a plan for me and whether or not I date a lot, a little, or not at all right now....well, that's in my plan.

I also know that all of the people that have been calling me a high schooler lately have done that because it was in the plan of my life to make me frustrated and re-evaluate myself. Ha ha. It's funny how God gives us strange little tests.

Apparently, I'm failing this one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment