Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gotta Love It

First of all......

I LOVE the Partridge Family!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha....why can't music on the radio be as amazing as it used to be?? Like really, people.

"I feel the sunlight on my faaaace!! When I just close my eyes and I trrraaaace! ...The footpath to your daddy's summer place, where we spent our early summer days....the hill we cliiiiimbed that went on forever! We'll reach the top of the world....TOGETHER!!!" Ha ha ha ha ha.... love.

Look it up. Summer Days by the Partridge Family. It'll change your life.

Second of all....

I was thinking about it yesterday and honest to goodness I have to confess something.

Ready for this?

I don't think you're ready.

Are you sitting?

k.

95% of the time when I start these posts I have no intention of talking about the temple. 80% of the time I have no intention of talking about church stuff.

You don't believe me do you? If you're a faithful blog stalker then you'll know that I pretty much bring up the temple every time I write. Well, you should know something....I'm about as honest as they come. I'm too honest sometimes...it makes people cringe....so I'm not lying! Most of the time I don't mean to talk about the temple, and yet...I do in the end.

Anyways, THIS time I had EVERY intention to talk only about the temple! :D

I went and did baptisms yesterday and it was a really neat experience.

It was a Tuesday and usually I don't go till later in the week...but I had this feeling that I needed to go! Usually I'm a procrastinator and go on like....Friday....so I was kind of confused why I should go...but President Monson taught me never to ignore a prompting from the spirit...so I went.

It was actually kind of cool to see how my day unfolded because I got the prompting in the morning that I should go and I was like..."Mmmmm...maybe if I have time...." So even though I worked for 9 hours and got my hair cut I still had plenty of time to go. I just thought to myself...."Wow, there must be a pretty good reason why I need to go....my day turned out perfectly."

So I walked into the temple and the answer to why I needed to be there was sitting in the baptistry waiting to baptize some young women. Ha ha ha ha!

That's a moment when you know Heavenly Father is far more in control than you are.

I have this friend who actually left on his mission TODAY of all days. He's a year younger than me, he's always been in my stake since we were little (he was actually my trek brother like 5 or 6 years ago), I know his family pretty well, etc.

He has a bunch of little siblings that go to the school that I teach art at so I know quite a few of them. His little sister is a cute little 3rd grader that I actually taught in 1st grade too!

Anyways, he has a hard family situation and his little brother who was in a wheelchair that is my sister's age (about 17) passed away recently. :( So his family has always had it hard, but especially lately.

So, this friend of mine is sitting in the temple and it was complete divine inspiration because he doesn't have a Facebook nor did he have my phone number so God just happened to put us at the temple at the same time so I could say goodbye to him and so he could give me his address so I can write him. Ha ha!

Isn't it crazy how things like that work out? Well, it's not "crazy" it's inspired, but still.

To be completely honest, I really do feel bad for this friend of mine. He's the oldest, of I think 9 kids...like I said, his brother just passed away...and I honestly don't think he has a ton of friends that are going to write him. He was kind of elated when he saw me and gave me his address.

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and I truly do know that we were at the temple at the same time for a reason. If it's because he's going to need me to write him and support him, I don't know. It could be because I'll need the added strength and blessings that come from writing missionaries, but whatever it is....I'm so glad I had that experience.

God lives! He really does!

Also yesterday at the temple there was a cute little young woman who was from Hungary! She and her friend (who was from here...Utah) were just "walk-ins" with me so we got to do everything together!

The girl who was with her explained to us that she was from Hungary and had never been to the temple before (Ahhhh...I'm gonna cry) so it was her first time.

Well, guess what? (....as I start crying....goodness....the church is true....why do I try to tell these stories...I can't type when I'm crying...)

We were able to be baptized for people from Hungary! This happened at complete random too. The temple workers didn't know she was from Hungary. Sigh....it was so cool! Another witness to me that God lives.

I just.....

Yeah. That might not be cool to some people....but it touched my heart immensely.

One thing I want to close this post with is how impressed I am by people that go to the temple. (in no way shape or form am I impressed by myself. I have so much growing to do.) I'll hear about my friends that go and my heart will just fill with this overflowing joy and gratitude. I love temple goers! I just love them so much!

My step-dad and sister went and did baptisms today with our ward and Dave was able to baptize and confirm some of my friends that were just there alone and happened to be put with my mutual group from my home ward. I was so happy to hear that they were there!

Even though I go all the time, it warms my heart to hear about other people going. It's such a true and wonderful work.

:)

2 comments:

  1. i had no idea you had a blog. and i just love it. i care, and i'm so grateful you post things like this! hearing how much god is so obviously in other peoples' lives makes me remember that he's in my life, too. :)

    i shall frequent your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kayleigh! God is wonderful and so are you :)

    ReplyDelete