Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Habits

I once heard that if you do something 21 times in a row it becomes a habit.

So, for most things that would mean it's done 21 days in a row.

I'm not very good at forming habits.......I usually stop at day 2. :)

I was telling my mom today that the only thing I've ever been good at is going to the temple. Ha ha ha ha ha.

k, yeah, whatever, I exaggerated......it happens.

In a way, I believe that to be true. However, I know that I'm not a big enough loser that that's the ONLY thing I've EVER been good at.

Going to the temple every week is a deep deep habit of mine now. There is no turning back. I think when you find that there is "no turning back" and it's completely natural to live the way you do WITH said habit, then.....it really does become a habit and it's legit to call it so.

And THAT'S why I was saying that the temple thing is the only thing I'm good at....because, well, I've never been as consistent with anything else. Seriously.

I've been off and on a diet and going to the gym religiously for about 10 months now and it's just a roller coaster of lame-ness to be perfectly honest.

For those of my future posterity, that I'm writing this for, and for those of you that are creepy and read this even though you don't know me (creepers), I am actually not fat. (ha ha ha)

I don't consider myself to be gross or obese or anything dreadful like that, so when I talk about dieting and going to the gym, yes it would be nice to lose some weight, but the main goal is just to be healthy.

Whenever I get on my one week kick of being really healthy with food and going to the gym everyday....I'm just happier!

It's like the gospel....I'm happier with the gospel...I'm happier when I feel skinny and healthy. It's just. Happiness. Dear Fragments.

Maybe....if I keep trying this whole being healthy thing will stick and become natural. I may need another 10 months though.

I went to the temple tonight after my institute class. I went last week too, because I'm trying to get in the habit (ha ha, ironic) of going at the same time on the same day every week. I did that when I was down at SUU and I LOVED it!

It's better to feel accountable for things and even tonight on my second night with these temple workers most of the sisters told me they remembered me from last week, so I'm well on my way to making new friends! Ha ha.

My dentist and orthodontist growing up's name was Dr. Bob. Well......it was really Dr. Winegar, but....whatever, we called him Dr. Bob. He's a temple worker in the baptistry with his wife on Tuesday nights! Yay!!

He was also the mission president over in Cambodia where one of my really good friends is serving his mission right now!

President and Sister Winegar got home about a year ago and Justin comes home in less than a month, so that will be fun! Both of Justin's mission presidents are from Layton like him, actually. I don't think anyone ever gets that lucky, ha ha!

I love President Winegar (he has never been MY president, but that's just what I've heard him referred to as the past couple of years in Justin's emails.....so it's a habit to call him that now, I guess) and his wife. They are such awesome people. They are a great example to me that even though they served in Cambodia for three years, they still came home and are serving at the temple every week.

The gospel is always growing and there is always something to improve and somewhere to serve. I love that!

Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment